Caroline is a healthy and normal three year old! Now measuring in at just over three feet tall (37.5 inches) and about six pounds more then Owen (31.5 lbs - meaning mommy's scale is correct, darn). Speech and physical movements on track. As is vision although we had to make it into a game. She competed with Owen in order for her to do the vision test. The vision test consisted of telling them what the pictures were of up close and then far away with one eye and then the other covered (I still cannot believe this worked, Owen can barely say anything, but she for some reason hurried to answer and made she I was covering one of his eyes the whole time). She said horse the first time and then decided it was a donkey. The nurse kinda giggled. Thinking they do not get that answer too much and it probably either means she is super smart or psycho. I guess we shall see. She does have a touch of eczema, but the other skin issues (pink checks and contact breakout after tomatoes) are just minor things to live with since she has fair, sensitive skin.
Caroline has also renamed Owen and Mzee, Owen and Caroline. The last page is Owen and Mzee are friends, best friends. What could be better? She gets pretty upset when you don't use her name. Then she usually goes over and pulls whatever Owen is holding out of his hands and tells him "NO" in her best interpretation of me. It is very flattering.
3 comments:
Wow, she can tell the difference between a donkey and a horse. I don't know if I can do that and I'm 29.
It was a guy riding a horse. She is just into donkeys because she likes to say "hee haw" more then "neigh" from an animal sounds book we have been reading. I think she thought she was being cute (or just prefers asses!).
Nice! I really need to meet little miss diva! I think that kids are so funny when they pick up on things....and they have an amazing memory...like that three year old who was at my place 4 months apart and remembered that she played with a pink flower...really funny!
Post a Comment