Yesterday was Caroline's third birthday. Seems like it has really gone by quick and yet it also took forever. This past year was a long one, but she really did do a lot of changing. The biggest probably being the potty training. We got through it though. She also just seems so much older and capable. It was funny watching her open her presents "oh a box" and then even more excited "OH another BOX". It was hilarious to watch her.
Owen has been very moody. He finally cut another tooth. He also now says "Dorothy" the name of the girl next store. Momma? Still waiting on it.
We did Caroline's school party on Monday - cookies and juice. I was there at the end of the day to help with it. Later that afternoon I asked her what her favorite part of school was that day (thinking cookies, mommy, etc would be the answer). She looked at me and (thanks to Drena's influence) informed me it was "kissing David on the carpet". Shocked I asked her to show how she did it and she puts her hands on my shoulders, leans down and plants one on my check. Thanks, Drena.
I feel like the more mentally challenging part of being a parent is starting to kick in. For a while it is a lot of the physical labor (late nights, feeding, etc) then mentally challenging (trying to figure out what they are saying so you know how to help/what they want). Now, it is how to explain things so she is actually learning and understands why and how to act the right way. Like when she pulls her super whiny "I want attitude". For the first several days I would just tell her no and then she would get worse and then either go to time out, I would leave the room, or give in (the worst). Then finally when she was throwing one of her "fits" I asked her to sit down and tried explaining why whining and crying and saying "but I want ______" was wrong and did not work AND how she should do it. It did take longer, but she for the most part has stopped the yucky whine she was starting to do and asking nicer. She does not always get what she wants, but at least instead of the yucky whine she just starts crying. And sometimes she is even okay with it and actually listens so she can hear past the "no you cannot have ice cream now" and get to the "but you can have it after dinner". For awhile all she did was scream after the "no". Big improvement.
Okay, saw an ad for Bachlorette with DeAnna. Cannot wait for that one to start - May 19. On a similar topic, anyone been watching Bachelor? I cannot stand Shane. If he picks her I will probably vomit. I have decided to not even watch it on Monday and wait to see who he picks and if it is Shane just delete it. Otherwise I think I will go to bed sick and feel like a wasted an hour (or 45 minutes with DVR) watching it. YUCK! Gossip Girl was pretty good on Monday night, although Matt is refusing to watch it from now on (yes, he has been "working" while it is on) since Serena is going to sleep with someone else. He does not approve and is going to voice his disapproval by not watching anymore. Although, according to him he does not watch now...
Okay, Caroline has her three year appointment tomorrow. Will have her stats tomorrow night. Curious how much more she weighs then Owen. I am guessing it is not more then 5 pounds. Will also try to include some pictures.
5 comments:
I'm glad I could help!
Happy Birthday Caroline! The big 3-point-0! Looks like you've got a heartbreaker!
What a cute story - she's a big flirt, just like her momma :) Happy Birtday, Caroline!
Aww...I love the kissing story...good to start them young Drena! Happy Birthday to her!
I also am mad at Serena for sleeping with someone else but I am hoping it is just some sort of teaser and she only thinks that she doesn't because of Sara/Georgina....that is what I hope...I don't want her to be a slut :-(
I prefer the term charming!
Post a Comment