Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moving up...

HA! Bet some of you thought with that title that we are literally moving again. NO WAY! I love my house and neighborhood.

Actually preferences my ads, luxury real estate, finding a pediatrician and alcohol rehab. Nice. Does bring up a point, does anyone know someone who has been to rehab? I think it is more common then people think. The lady who cleans every other week had a family where the mom had to leave for over a month to go to rehab for heavy drug stuff. Apparently it was totally out of control and whenever she was over there the mom would ask if she could watch the kids for a less then thirty minutes and then the husband would come home like seven, eight hours later and have to go get her and bring her back. Scary stuff. I guess I am lucky that I never went down that path.

Also, in the spirit of outing companies that have junk policies, I would like to add Handpicked. They have one of the worst return policies (or lack of) and do not tell customers or have it posted anywhere in the store. You have 14 days for store credit with the receipt (original or gift). No returns, ever. They did remember Matt from last week and never denied telling him I could bring it back, but they meant to pick something else or for store credit. They actually went so far as to say that the machine would not allow them to do a return. Not sure how they handle it if they accidentally make a mistake when ringing someone up, but I now have a credit at some store I wish I never had to go back to...

Really ticked me off so I headed out in search of a new purse that can transition me from diaper bag to sippy cups and still be a little summery. Went with an Orla Kiely. Have noticed these before but was not too sure if I liked them or not and then for some reason saw one out and decided that I love love love it! Could not find the pattern I really wanted - except on ebay (which I have trouble trusting) or on her website where it was way more then I had seen them at Nordstrom.

So, pretty good day overall. Matt did barely make his flight even though the car that was suppose to take him to the airport went to the airport to pick him up instead. Oh well, he made it and should be back home around four. Yea! Maybe I will even go ahead and make dinner!

6 comments:

Drena said...

Cute bags! Remember my gift card post...you now have a gift card you can use for yourself or buy free gifts for others when needed at Handpicked. Looked like pretty stuff. :)

m said...

The bags are very Drena. Found the one I really liked, so it is on the way and will have to return the other. I believe I have bought a gift at Handpicked before... Will remember your post though and use it wisely (although not wisely would be more fun!).

Mel said...

The jewelry looked cute and cheap prices...a couple items reminded me of Tiffany's items...

Those are cute bags..I love cute bags..i think that I am the only accountant who carries her computer in a blue vera bradley messenger bag, hence my post about no respect from business men...which pattern did you get?

Oh, and your ads were normal when I come on your site...i think that it is just you!

Mollypants said...

I haven't had a new bag in like a bajillion years and I have no idea about those two places, but I DO know people that went to rehab! Yeah, it happens a lot more often than you think, and no, I haven't been. I DO know that I got a citation for an open container when I was in college (happened in Lynchburg, so no reports to honor board, Drena ;) ) but they agreed to wipe it off if I went to this alcohol awareness thing that included two AA meetings...when I went into the AA meetings it was like a "who's who" of local society - and we're talking people from the ages of 13 and up standing up talking about their addictions! It was crazy.
If y'all ever need to stage an intervention, don't send me to that, it was scary. Send me to one like britney got to go to, the ones that are better referred to as "happy camp". Other than drug and alcohol rehab I have known quite a few who have gone to fat camp, to eating disorder rehab, and to the plain old Loony Bin, and if it counts, I got sent to the shrink. But I think we should ALL be going to the shrink to be honest.
Man, I know some screwed up people.

Mel said...

I had no idea that fat camps still existed until I saw a show on MTV....the name alone doesn't seem like it could stand the political correctness of today.

My sister's fiance went to rehab for alcohol. I didn't know him then so it is hard to picture him that way when he tells stories of how mean he was. He is awesome now though and has been fine for a long time!

Terri said...

I'm up with Molly... we should ALL be hitting up the shrinks! seriously! And rehab... let's see... my mom, my dad, my brother... I'm the black sheep in the family that has NOT been to rehab!