Monday, May 26, 2008

All good things must come to an end

Have not done anything "exciting" but did have a lot of fun this weekend. Matt has been around and other then a few emails has not really worked, which has been really nice. (Have no idea how Terri does it every day for months.) We did some different activities and stayed busy in the morning, but got took it easy in the afternoons. Today we went to the splash park at Latta one of the parks near here (a little over a mile). It is not our normal Freedom park (about two blocks away), but was fun and something different. The kids did not like it at first, but by the end Owen really was having fun (as long as you held him) and Caroline had warmed up some. Hopefully they will start to really like it and we can have an alternative to the pool. Since Caroline and Owen do not know how to swim at all the pool is extremely scaring to me, at least alone with the two of them. Thinking will try to get Caroline in some lessons soon. Probably should have looked into in the winter for the spring so she would have a chance at knowing by the summer. Oh well. We do not have to go swimming during the week without Matt and she will eventually learn.

I did manage to get a few things I have been wanting to get around to lately done, weeding outside, changing the duvet and putting sheets on the guest bed, getting rid of some of the plastic tupperware and kids food stuff. Super good times!

Also, finally watched Sideways (kinda, slept through most of it) and The Queen. The Queen was not too bad, but we do not see a whole lot of movies and then saw Atonement not too long ago. Now it is near impossible to watch movies, because everything is being held to that standard. We still have the Kite Runner and hopefully will get the latest National Treasure soon. I guess eventually we will see something else really good.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

4 comments:

Drena said...

Glad you had a relaxing weekend!

Mollypants said...

I can teach them to swim when I come visit! I used to do it for money in the summers in high school and college.

Carrie Davis said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a great weekend. Cleaning out tupperware is one my top 10 list of favorite things to do :)

m said...

Molly- sounds good! we will head on over to the y when you are here!

Carrie- thanks for the birthday wish. The tupperware was not so bad esp since I love the new stuff!