Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ummm, yea.

For some stupid reason I have agreed to run tomorrow morning at 6:30am with a neighbor. Now, those of you who know me know why this is stupid, but just for fun we can review.

1. I do NOT run. This is not because I don't want to, I just cannot. Physically impossible.

2. 6:30am??????? Ummmm. Except for when my children are not sleeping through the night I am still in bed at this time. Thinking about it, even when they were not sleeping through the night, I was still in bed, because if they did wake up Matt would do this feeding. When Caroline or Owen are sick and awake at this time? I bring them into bed with me.

3. Refer to number 1.

Perhaps this will open the door to marking an accomplishment that I have had on my list for a while now - running a marathon (although I really think I would settle for a half). Something about runners I have always admired is their ability to just go out and do it. They always seem to be in great shape and have such a simple yet amazing workout. You and the road/trail.

On a side note, I did promise a while ago at a progressive dinner (during dessert) that I would run a half marathon in December in Kiawah. A little bit of a run/girls weekend. Think that is why I agreed to run tomorrow. Apparently in order to be ready I have to start training in August. I guess depending on tomorrow maybe I will attempt to check this one off by my 31st birthday. If I don't do it now, I think I may never manage to do it.

Okay, so any suggestions on how to get through tomorrow?

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Can't wait to hear about the run! You'll feel great afterwards. I'm thinking about getting my butt out of bed to run around 6:15am - so I'll be thinking of you!

Mollypants said...

Oh honey. I feel your pain. I am horrible at it. Until I got my sinuses all surgeried up, I had never gotten under a 9 minute mile, I seriously couldn't breathe. Maybe the Ear Nose Throat doc can help?
I swear I'm going to get out of bed one of these days and do it too. I thought it might be today, but I was wrong. Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it.

Mel said...

good luck..let us know how it goes!!