I only actually ran a little over half a mile, but I did it! It turns out that when we turned at the half mile mark we also hit a hill. Not good for me. Made it to the top, but was so beat that we then walked for the rest. Ended up doing a little over 2 miles which I was pretty happy with. Hopefully, next time I will anticipate the hill and know just a little further and we would have been going down. At the time I was so nervous about running I though it was maybe mentally in my head. We were chatting and I was doing pretty good and then my friend told me the corner was a half mile and the end of that street was a mile. I thought that maybe that more freaked me out, because I don't run - even a half mile, esp since I cannot remember the last time I exercised. Actually that is not right. I did do the elliptical for 20 minutes right after New Year's.
Yea me!
3 comments:
I am so proud of you! Good job and yes, a lot of running is mental! You will do better everytime.
Good job!
I'm not running, but I'm taking a long walk - that count?
YAY you! I wish I could run half a mile!!! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment