After being sick all week and knowing today was my birthday and the last day of school was not having a great day/week. I mean 30 is when everything starts falling apart and you have to start exercising and you are in a whole new range for the what to wear category in magazines. I now have to bypass a section knowing I no longer fit in the "cute and fun" group. I have to say though, after sitting outside for about twenty minutes I feel better about it. I am actually really lucky. I have two pretty cool kids, an amazing husband and great friends who I can connect with even after not talking for ages. We never miss a beat. No "where have you been" "Why haven't you called". It just is. I know if I needed someone I could reach out and I hope all of you know if you ever need someone I am here.
So, thanks for making me so lucky! I am off to have a glass of champagne and celebrate this milestone. Getting here IS better then the alternative! (I may open a present or two also!)
4 comments:
Well, I still think you're in the cute and fun group. I remember my mom turning 30 - I was probably right about Caroline's age, because we were in the old house. And besides - I think you've always been a "classic" sort of style rather than a "teenybopper" style.
oh, god that didn't come out right...I meant to say that when my mom turned 30, I remember telling my teacher at school that MY mom was prettier than everyone else's mom. And she was. I'm sure Caroline talks the same smack about pretty moms.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You have two awesome kids and I am glad that we can help to make you feel lucky and if you feel like a blast from the past check out my blog!! hehe....
Happy bday! Your thirties will be even better than your twenties! It's all attitude, babe!
Post a Comment