Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things that really frustrate me...

The power going out. Repeatedly. Especially when I am about to hop in the shower after a run in seriously humid weather due to the massive storms we had yesterday. Especially when already on a tight morning since Matt is flying out.

The power company in an effort to not over promise saying the power would be back on by 5pm the next day (at 10pm the night before). It was back on just after 12:30 am, but out again from 7:20 to 8am this morning.

The rabbits and squirrels eating my entire garden.

Toys running low on batteries and randomly going off at the bottom of the stairs during nap time.

Random people coming by to sell something and ringing the doorbell during nap time.

When the power company charges you for something you do not even have.

When toddlers only take one hour naps and preschools say they are tired, but refuse to sleep.

Playgroups in the late afternoon that are a good 20 minutes away so I will have to wake the kids (hopefully) and then they will be miserable the rest of the day (without Matt around to help).

Caroline screaming her head off and throwing a total tantrum at the door to her classroom even though just moments earlier she wanted me to run the red light because she could see school and really wanted to be there right then. I almost cried and felt awful the entire time she was at camp today.

Maybe later I will do a things that make me happy.

Oh, I forgot one, Sears really frustrates me!


6 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Sitting down on the toilet, doing your business, only to find there is one tiny sheet of toilet paper left on the roll.

Drena said...

tape over your doorbell. C- keep a basket with extra tp by your toilet. Aren't I just the problem solver today??

Meredith said...

or when you wash dishes and the water gets all over your shirt... Or is that just me? :)

Hope your day has gotten better!!!

Mollypants said...

ewww...I heard y'all's power went out (or rather, heard that another Charlottan's power went out, so I guessed yours did too) - we had equally violent thunderstorms too - what is UP with this weather?

m said...

Ha! Those all made me laugh!

C- that totally stinks. Caroline loves using our bathroom and can go through a roll like no one else. Learning to check.

D- tape over the doorbell???

Mere- all the time, but usually my pants. cannot stand that.

Molly- more today that required a flight path change for matt's return. still not landed. how is your other charlotte friend?

Mel said...

people who take forever at dinner because they are telling a lame story and it is 8 and you went straight to dinner after work!

oh and I just don't wash dishes so that one solves that :-)