Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy (very belated) 4th!

Looks like everyone had a good 4th! We went to Atlanta on Thursday afternoon and came back on Saturday afternoon. Had a good time, but were ready to be home with the kids. Watched some good movies over the weekend (Bucket List, Definitely Maybe and Charlie Bartlett) and ate some great food.

Went for a run this morning and really frustrated. Thought I had gone over two miles and actually was just short of two. Ugh. Beginning to doubt my ability to do a half marathon. I am struggling with two, how in the world would I make it to 13? Thinking I may have to scrap that one.

Anyways, Caroline starts summer camp tomorrow! Cannot wait, it should be fun to have some time with just Owen. Since Caroline does not nap she is always around when he is and wants to be in the middle of everything. Poor little guy. It will be nice to have a day this fall with just the two of us to hang out.

Okay, tired and need to send out an evite for bunco this month. Do not feel like hosting everyone and hoping nobody will be available and I can cancel it. Pretty sure I will not get that lucky. Any have any ideas for an appetizer? Think I have desserts covered, but cannot decide on several that really go together.


5 comments:

Drena said...

I like hot spinach and artichoke dip. :) Yummy!

What kind of camp is it?

Carrie Davis said...

Glad you had a nice time in the ATL! Don't be discouraged about the running. It takes a while to build - and you will just have some good days and some bad ones. You can totally do a half marathon - just keep with it!!

Meredith said...

You can do the half marathon! I have faith in ya! Keep up the good work with running!

How about Mexican layer dip?

Mollypants said...

you'll get to the half-marathon. you will! appetizers - ummm...crab dip?
I saw Definitely Maybe this weekend too...it was cute, I liked Amy Adams in it.

Rebecca said...

I think you can do it too - don't give up now!!!