Hopefully not, but I am totally obsessed with the Olympics - one more month!!!!!! I think I have always been an Olympic geek. I can remember watching ski jumping with my dad when I was little. My second date with Matt involved a nice dinner and then drinks, pool and winter opening ceremonies at a dive bar in Nashville - Bobby's Idle Hour (it has been torn down and is now someplace else, but highly recommend if ever in Nashville). It was nice to know that Matt could share in this complete dorkiness with me. I love the fact that directv has special channels dedicated to the Olympics and will show the junk that does not make it on the real stations when everyone else is going for ratings (i.e all rounds of curling in the middle of the night and sometimes in the afternoon). On a side note, curling really is interesting and a lot like shuffle board on ice. I think one of the things that gets me hooked is all the personal stories.
For the most part these are amateur athletes that are holding down jobs and training for a sport they love. Not for the money (there is not much if any in most of these sports), but because they want to be the best. Sometimes they do not even live anywhere near a coach and have to tape practice and send it to the coach for comments (i.e curling team). Most of the times these athletes and their families have been sacrificing their entire lives to practice and hopefully one day make it to the Olympics. Of course then you always have that fluke story of they only started like 3 years ago and are just really talented.
Another big plus would have to be all the hotties! Let's face it, swimmer's have been chiseled to perfection more then any other athlete. If you doubt me, look at Michael Phelps. Perfection. Okay, just realized that link for Michael Phelps is from a gay dude's blog. Sorry if that offends everyone. Was a little curious about the rainbow at the bottom. Then read over some of the topics and put it all together. I was just happy some chick had done the work of putting together two great pictures!
5 comments:
I LOVE the Olympics...I love swimming, diving and gymnastics and track the best for the summer but I like to watch whatever is on...I actually was going to start a similar post a couple of days ago but I never got around to it and wasn't sure anyone else watched them!
I love the Olympics too! Definitely not lame at all.
Michael Phelps is quite yummy! :) I <3 the Olympics too (big fan of gymnastics).. We've been totally into the Tour de France...
I watched some of the trials and really enjoy the Olympics too. We actually tivo'd the trials! I think part of the reason swimmers are so hot is that they are tall too.
ok - my confession...remember how I said on my 100 things about me that I've made out with two minor celebrities? One was an olympic swimmer at the 2004 Olympics in Athens. Go ahead. Make fun of me. I will go to my GRAVE, however, saying that he's one of my claims to fame. George Gleason, we hardly knew ye.
Post a Comment