
Finally! Something. Tomatoes are still being eaten, but some of them are now orange. Maybe one will be edible soon and then I can cross that off my list of 80 (or is it 81?).
Caroline had last day of camp today. She told me she was sad it was over and wants to go back! She got excited when I told her only 5 more weeks until school starts. A little sad that it is only five more weeks to labor day. Labor Day always feels like the end of summer (and I guess it is in a lot of ways).
It feels like the older I get the faster time goes. In a lot of ways, I do not want summer to end. It is fun being able to do what we want when we want and eat lots of ice cream and have warm weather. I have to admit though I am looking forward to the fall. Caroline and Owen go back to "school" - Caroline 4 days a week and Owen for 3 days! It will be nice to have some time to get things done without dragging them all over and be back on a schedule. Also love the weather in the fall and some of the fun things we do in the early fall - block party, greek festival, festival in the park, halloween (and neighborhood costume parade!). Then we get to have Thanksgiving (my favorite!) and Christmas! It seems like it never slows down and again I am torn. I think I am just going to try to focus on my list with what I can do NOW and live in the moment instead of always thinking about tomorrow and what needs to be.
5 comments:
Kind of a different kind of book, but have you ever read The Power of Now? I can even lend it to you if you want it - it teaches you about the benefit of being "present" and living in the Present tense. Seriously, one of the greatest books I've read and translates to just about anyone. In my estimation it's drawn from Taoism, but he shows how prevalent the exact same principles are in every religion, and never seems too mystical or anything.
What are you going to do with the pepper? Maybe stuff it and have a tapa?
Yeah, time flies!! Looking forward to visiting though :-) and I am ready for football season and to see how we do this season...come down for a game...I have an extra ticket :-)
time does go by fast. I can't believe that I am half way done with my pregnancy! I want him to be here but at the same time I'm trying not to wish/push my life away. It is a constant battle.
Way to go on the pepper!! I am struggling with time as well. Charlotte is almost 6 months old! Where did that time go? She changes so much, and I'm excited for her to sit up, crawl - but that means she'll be older :( She's only going to be my cuddly baby for a few more months.
I agree, time does fly when you're older. I don't even have any kids yet, and it just flies by. I can't believe I have to go back to work in a week!!!
Post a Comment