
But amazing! Well, at least this tomato's friend was amazing. Our dog walker brought over some tomatoes this morning and this evening I enjoyed the best tomato sandwich I have ever experienced. It was also ugly, but I had to try it. Now I am forever indebted to Bill. Not only for taking such great care of Beta when we are out of town, but for the tomatoes.
This is also a testament to how bad my tomatoes are doing. I used to like watching all the squirrels and rabbits. Now I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of them. The only thing they have not eaten are the peppers. Guess they may have a little too much heat for them.
Matt is out of town. Just catching up on tv from last night. On So You Think You Can Dance and then Big Brother (so cannot compare notes yet, Melissa). Also means no running tomorrow. Double sad.
3 comments:
mmmm I had a tomato sammy tonight too, it was delicious. I think I might go to the reading terminal tomorrow and get some big ole tomatoes from the jersey tomato people.
My step mom loves to watch the birds and so they keep a be- be gun by the back door so they can shoot the squirrels when the squirrels eat the birdseed. But that probably wouldn't work for ya'll with the kiddos around.
Oh, and I have a suggestion for your garden on how to keep the squirrels/rabbits away. Keep a feeder for squirrels/rabbits AWAY from the garden. If they don't eat peppers, surround the tomatoes with the pepper plants. Finally, a friend of mine grows tomatoes upside-down and it's pretty and doesn't seem that difficult if you don't mind a trip to Home Depot. Since you don't have deer, it might work and you won't have to use netting or a fence. No pesticides necessary!
Post a Comment