Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another reason to visit Charlotte

Just in case you needed another one (other then seeing me and Owen), Caroline will remember you in a very flattering way - not that all of you are not beautiful. This afternoon while flipping through US Weekly (I broke down, it was weight loss secrets of new moms) with Caroline and Owen on my lap rocking Caroline pointed at someone in an ad and said it looked like Mrs Payne (one of her camp teachers). I told her that was really good let's see who else you see. She only "found" two other people, but both are mommy's friends who have visited. First she spotted Drena aka Blake Lively. Never had thought of that one, but Drena and Blake do look alike. I was a pretty jealous of that one. Then as soon as I flipped another page she yelled, "There's Molly!" aka Cameron Diaz. Not as big of a surprise, guys always were telling her she looked just like Cameron. No one even looked a little bit like mommy. I hoped to get her with a Reese spread at the beginning (yes, long shot but she has a similar hair cut and color and big sunglasses) and still nothing.

So, congrats Drena and Molly. You are fondly remembered by a three year old in Charlotte.

And just in case you need one more reason, you can watch Owen eat Oreos. He insists on dipping it in milk and then drinking the milk out of a glass. We got a little messy, but he loved it. Caroline was able to handle it only getting an Oreo mustache and messy hands.

5 comments:

Drena said...

wow, i don't know who blake lively is but I'll google her and see what I think!!

Drena said...

sweet! blake has got to be 10 years younger than me! Tell Caroline I said thanks! I usually get told I look like the youngest sister on Brothers and Sisters, Emily VanCamp. I actually kinda agree with this one. We have similar hair and strong eyebrows. oh, and we are both totally hot! :)

m said...

Yes, Blake is beautiful - she is the "hot girl" on Gossip Girl. At least 10 years younger - she drinks virgin versions when out with her boyfriend (at least according to US Weekly!).

Mollypants said...

I'll take Cameron Diaz, I also get Sarah Michelle Gellar and lately, Kristen Bell, the girl from Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Veronica Mars. Meghan, I always thought you looked like Gwyneth, but maybe Gwyneth wasn't in the tabloids today. And I went to an exhibit on Grace Kelly (she's from Philly) that was in Philly, and I swear, she looked a lot like Caroline when she was young.

Mel said...

I might be scared of what celebrity I would get :-)