The Olympics are making Matt go out of town a lot. He is working on something for a company that wants to get it closed before the Olympics because they are all going to Beijing. Oh and the company needs lots of hand holding. So, instead of only going out of town a few times Matt was out last week, twice this week and at least once next week. Yuck. Sometimes I really do not like his job.
On a brighter note after not being able to run on Friday (Matt out of town) and sleeping through the alarm on Saturday morning I did run this morning. It was nasty though - both my run and the weather. Pretty sure the two were related, but at least I got in over 2 miles.
We did have a nice weekend. Skipped our normal walk and breakfast out due to heat. We did get together with five other families from the street for dinner on Saturday night. It was nice and the dads are all great. The moms were able to stay inside "cooking" (eating the appetizers and drinking wine) while the dads played with the kids out back. Caroline and Owen had lots of fun playing with their friends. Owen got to stay up an extra hour and Caroline did not make it to bed until 9:30pm. It was nice to be able to put Owen down and just bring the monitor over (it was right next door and I could see his window the whole time). I would have felt awful making Caroline leave for Owen when everyone else was still having so much fun.
Sunday was more relaxing although Matt had to do work which stinks. I may boycott the Olympics this year.
Cute story of the day, today at lunch Caroline told me she was "going to be a mommy just like you". After telling her that is great and she will be a wonderful mommy she told me "but I have to go to college first". Looks like she has the right order of things down!
3 comments:
Sad that the Olympics make Matt go out of town but I think that they will be comforting to me when I am out of town.....
Cute about Caroline...she definitely has the right order...smart girl!
What happened to your obsession with the Olympics and Michael Phelps??? :) That stinks that Matt has to be gone so much. I definitely feel for you - it is not easy being alone with 2 kids.
My obsession died when Matt started this deal and has been working 24/7. The company wants to be in Beijing because they too are big Phelps fans. Maybe when the deal closes my love will come back.
Post a Comment