Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Due to popular demand...

Not quite 101, but I think it will suffice.

Personal - Growth
(1) Start (and maintain) my thankful journal
(2) Read a book a month (I think that is around 32 total)
(3) Grow edible tomatoes
(4) Floss daily
(5) See all Oscar winners for best picture
(6) Become a master gardener or at least be on my way, i.e. know the names of all the plants and trees in the yard
(7) Stop reading trash (i.e. US weekly and People)
(8) Learn to knit
(9) Take at least one gourmet cooking class
(10) Make one friend in Charlotte that I can call randomly just to chat (one that I actually like)
(11) Find a hobby just for me (i.e. does not involve kids or Matt in any way, although they could participate w/me)
(12) Learn to notice differences in wine
(13) Decide what I will do when the kids are in school all day
(14) Learn to make pie crust from scratch
(15) Make chicken noodle soup from scratch
(16) Host a real dinner party
(17) Read banned book list (not necessarily all, i.e. ones banned for obvious reasons)
(18) Become more active at church (i.e. join something)
(19) Be on a committee at the preschool/ Help with a fundraiser
(20) Start a neighborhood tradition (i.e. Holiday cookie party, 1st day school breakfast, something!)
Personal - Fitness/Health
(21) Tone abs
(22) Tone triceps - stop the jiggle
(23) Lose last 5 baby pounds
(24) Run a half marathon
(25) Run a mile
(26) Eat better (i.e. less junk food)
(27) Moisturizer (not just face) daily
(28) Eat better (i.e. less junk food)
(29) Join a tennis team
(30) Start yoga
(31) Try Pilates
(32) Start doing Wii Fitness
(33) Stop trying to get a tan, just do it when possible
Family - Caroline and Owen
(34) Potty train Owen
(35) Have Caroline and Owen learn to swim
(36) Help Caroline and Owen form good solid friendships
(37) Be an example to Caroline and Owen (i.e. language and manners)
(38) Spend an entire day with just Caroline doing everything she wants.
(39) Spend an entire day with just Owen doing everything he wants
(40) Have a portrait of each of the kids done
(41) Have a photo of the two kids done (alone and together)
(42) Encourage creativity in Caroline and Owen
Family - Matt
(43) Beat Matt at darts
(44) Have another weekend away with just Matt
(45) Decide how many babies we are going to have and act accordingly (i.e. have one and/or get rid of baby things)
(46) Continue letting him know how much I care through the "little" things
Family - Everyone/General
(47) Train Beta to not bark or jump on people
(48) Be on time with cards to everyone
(49) Not let mine or Matt's family make me cry
(50) Start college funds for the kids
(51) Decide and stick with were the kids are going to school (i.e. public, Catholic, private)
(52) Form family traditions at the holidays (i.e. Christmas)
General Housekeeping
(53) Redo the herb garden (control rosemary, redo several others)
(54) Declutter and organize everything (no more a little of this a little of that) - i.e. cabinets in kitchen
(55) Have pictures in all the frames around the house
(56) Organize the bedroom closet
(57) Clean out the basement
(58) Organize all my cut out recipes
(59) Organize all my cut out home ideas
(60) Not let a laundry basket fill completely up with things to press
(61) Make a place for everything and everything in its place - no place, no need to have it
(62) Make real dinners during the week (not frozen or prepackaged)
Home Improvement
(63) Redo sunroom to be an office/reading area
(64) Redo guest room to be a playroom/guestroom
(65) Redo the family room to be more "together" and comfy
(66) Window treatments in family room and kitchen
(67) Collect a piece of art that does not go on the walls, i.e. sculpture, pottery, etc
(68) Decide on a time frame for renovations, maybe have an architect selected
Environmental
(69) Do not waste ANY food for a month
(70) Start a compost pile
(71) Get a rain barrel
(72) Not buy myself any clothing/accessories for 2 months.
Travels
(73) Travel to wine country
(74) Learn to ski or that it is impossible for me
(75) Visit Grand Canyon
(76) Go back to Vegas
(77) First trip to Disney
(78) See Italy (Before 40)
(79) Have a real girls weekend (not just dinner in Atlanta)
(80) Take the kids to the Georgia aquarium
And…
(81) Complete at least 65 of 80

So, as some of you can probably already guess if you read my blog ever (or even just today) some of these have already been completed (i.e.#25). Hopefully these will help keep me focused and help define ways to be the best wife, mother and friend possible. Oh, and I know Matt's section is kind of skinny, but he just read it over (while helping me format it over from excel) and only had one addition. I will spare all of you the details on that one, but did promise him I would accomplish that one without a problem.

4 comments:

Drena said...

did it have something to do with giving him blowies?

Mel said...

Nice...on all accounts...so really 81!

If I ever get to Charlotte I would love to take pictures of the little ones :-)

Let's see, Vegas, and a girls weekend are both on the list...coincidence??? I think not! I am down!

Mollypants said...

I can help with
40) duh. Caroline's is done - just looking for a box!
67) Can't guarantee anything, but as soon as I have studio space, I even know what I want to do...
74) wintergreen! you can learn on the potato patch, just like I did.
78) I'm guessing you'd want to see Italy with Matt, but I NEVER have to get my arm twisted to go to Italy.
76) hell, I love Vegas too.
79) okay, weekend somewhere else instead.

Rebecca said...

Good list! And good luck tackling it!