This was going to be a side note on my last post, but I thought it deserves it own. My absolute favorite song right now is the new (pretty sure) Dave Matthews - Oh off of Some Devil. It has one of the sweetest lines ever... I love you oh so well, like a kid loves candy and fresh snow. How perfect? So sweet and innocent and true. The entire song is beautiful and just takes me to a totally different place whenever it comes on (should read I play on repeat). When things just seem completely out of control around here it just brings some calm to my day.
Just decided to wikipedia it and apparently it is referencing the war in Iraq (which makes sense because he talks about everything crashing in) and is written for his grandfather. So maybe this would have gone well with my last post.
Highly recommend hitting itunes for it.
As long as I am recommending things and then the war came up, I have to recommend seeing the Kite Runner. Excellent movie (saw it over the weekend) and apparently the book is also very good. There is one scene that is incredibly disturbing and will stick with you, but I thought it was a very touching look at how different life can be if you are born under different circumstances.
4 comments:
I have a friend whose brother always tild her girlfriend that he loved her like a fat loves cake so when they got married he had "like a fat kid loves cake" engraved on her wedding ring. I was secretly jealous that they had something so cute and sweet!
Not sure when they got married, but it is in a rap song, too.
Googled - 50 cent, "21 questions"
They started dating long before that because I remember hearing it in the song and being reminded of them....they dated for a really long time and probably started like 4 years before that song came out.
Post a Comment