And the winner is.... DRENA! The winning time was 10:15pm. We had a two hour window for delivery, they arrived 2 hours 45 minutes outside the back part of the time frame for a two minute delivery. Beautiful.
After we put the kids to sleep at 7:45 I called Sears (no call from them) and was told there were
-still two stops in front of us, but they were in Charlotte.
-Okay. When should they be here?
-Probably within in hour.
-Okay, what are you going to do to compensate me?
-Ummm, well, we can do a $50 gift card.
-Ummm, and try to encourage me to spend more money at a store I never shop especially after a really bad experience like this? (ordered online because a really good deal.) Would like my delivery fee refunded.
-Well, the store is the only place that can do that. Can I speak to your supervisor? Sure. (Puts me on hold for ten minutes and then hangs up on me).
Call back...
-Yes, my delivery is late and the last person hung up on me.
-Sorry about that let me open your order. Umm, cannot do that they still have it open.
(ummm, I have not actually spoken to someone in like 15 minutes at this point)
Tell guy who answers everything and ask to speak to the other girls boss (I have been writing everyone's name down who I get transferred to).
He tranfers me. Relay the story again. (now extremely frustrated I have been hung up on by an extremely rude customer service rep - although I will now refer to sears people as phone answerers.)
-um, we can offer you a $25 gift card.
-no, that is ridiculous I want my delivery fee refunded since you have not upheld your delivery promise.
-we cannot do that, only the store you bought it from can.
-I bought it online.
-Sears.com will have to help you then. Would you like me to transfer you?
-Sure, but if my delivery fee is not refunded by the time it gets here I am refusing delivery, making a complaint with American Express (they do a great job of arguing charges!), and writing the attorney general.
It is now 8:15pm
Explain entire story to Sears.com rep
-Well, it is not a sears.com issue, it is a delivery issue and they have already offered restitution so there is nothing we can do.
-They offered me a gift card to a store I really do not shop at and after this will never shop at.
-They have already offered restitution and it is not our fault if they are late.
-They are your delivery company and said you could refund the delivery charge.
-Well, we are not going to do that.
-I would like to speak to your supervisor.................Joyce.(Glad I have been writing down all the names)
After 10 minutes on hold... explain story again.
-Well, mam I am sorry, but they have already offered you something and it is not our fault.
-This is ridiculous. They are over an hour late, I have had to call twice and been hung up on and it is now almost dark and they are still one stop away.
-Well, we did let you know they were running a little behind.
-A little? and no one let me know I had to call when it was past 7:30 and no one was here.
-No one called you?
-No, I had to call.
-That is not what it says here. That changes things. They should have called to let you know they were running late.
-Yes they should have.
-Well, in that case I will refund the delivery charge.
-Thank you.
8:50pm. Go outside with Matt to have a drink while we wait since the kids are asleep and do not want them (or the dog) to wake the kids.
9:40pm. Get a refill and the phone.
9:55pm. Call the store. Yes, it will be delivered. (Is that today?)
10:05pm. Driver calls. On our way. Will be there in 10-15 minutes.
10:15pm. Back into driveway. Put mattress in front hall.
10:16pm. Pull out of driveway.
4 comments:
I'm not mean enough. I have tried to complain before and gotten nothing. Next time I'm going to let you do it and I'll split the compensation! :) You are my new bitch!
btw, what do I get for winning?? Gold star?
Yeah, no kidding..I can be good sometimes but not that good!!! I will be calling you too!
Gold Star to Drena!
by the way....my word verification has a y with two dots over it....pretty sure I am going to get rejected and have to try again! Yep, on second word!
I did not think I was that mean, but they in no way upheld the delivery promise. 2 hour window? I waited almost 5 hours for a two minute delivery. And I cannot stand it when someone who is suppose to be of help (customer service) is not just unhelpful, but rude. I think that is what really set me off.
I will be more then happy to help any of you with your customer service issues. I will tell them I am your assistant.
Drena - no gold stars, but I will try to find a suitable alternate prize.
Post a Comment