Thursday, June 12, 2008

On a brighter note

While Molly was here, Owen really started to take off walking. He now even gets up sometimes to walk across the room instead of just letting go of something and taking off. I know it probably seems small, but it shows he is starting to prefer walking to crawling and getting comfortable with it. He still crawls sometimes, but overall is pretty big on the walking thing. I think as he gets faster, he will really transition over completely. I give him about two more weeks until crawling is a distant memory.

He also said mama very clearly when prompted and looked right at me and smiled. It was nice.

Going out on a girls night tonight. Sex and the City (at 6:50!!!!!!!!!) and drinks and dessert after. Cannot wait! Oh, and if you are wondering why I am so excited about the 6:50 showtime, Matt normally does not get home until 7 or 7:15pm - he is going to try to be here by 6:15 at the latest so I can change and drive with everyone! He really is too sweet!


1 comment:

Mollypants said...

Yay! I think the funniest thing was when we reacted so happy, Caroline said Mama too...and he looked at you as if to say "see? she says it for me, I don't really NEED to do it!" It was definitely cool to see the little milestones, I still wonder if he gets up in the morning with a "task list" in mind, thinking "okay, big day today...I'm gonna really get some work done on this walking thing, maybe try a little 'mama' here and there, and dump out a few baskets of stuff."