Friday, June 27, 2008

I got some new shoes on

Not really on, but I love that song. Did walk up this morning (after running a little over a mile) with my runner friend, Rebecca and the kids to running store (Run For Your Life) and for the first time ever got fitted for some shoes. They are some of the ugliest shoes ever (white and gray with PINK and ORANGE accents! - yuck), but they feel amazing. When I ran around the store my foot did not even hurt. Side note - was worried the bone may not have been healed (I broke and sprained it right before Thanksgiving walking off a curb at Williams Sonoma - yes, graceful), but went in Thursday morning to have x rays and it looks like the bone is fine. The guy today said my other shoes were more like cross trainers with too much support and probably causing my foot to roll out. Good to know. Going to run a 5k in August and possibly a 10k in September as baby steps for the half marathon in Kiawah.

One disadvantage to taking the kids places in the stroller? When they throw soft things out and I don't hear them hit the ground. This happened earlier in the spring with a hat and today with one of Owen's crocs. Drove along the route on our way to Jason's Deli for lunch. Found it! Very exciting.

Cranky Owen is up after an hour nap (and waking up this morning at 5:45!). He has a little cold and is cutting his second molar. Trying to cut him some slack, but he is wearing me out!

Have our fun playgroup this afternoon and tomorrow a birthday party (should be an interesting one) and my haircut tomorrow. Hopefully will finish up John Adams this weekend too!

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

Good to see you got some good shoes - its one of the few things that I completely see why one should pay more for something - they KNOW what they're talking about at those stores, its amazing! Out of curiosity, what brand did you get?

m said...

added a link so you can see those beauties!

Mel said...

I am with you and detest white shoes but I would wear them if they felt as good as you described. I had that done once and discovered that I actually use the trail running shoes cause I need the extra support and I love adidas :-)

Just think of it this way, if you keep running they will get dirty and not be so white or you can wear black socks which will just look great in general!