Monday, June 30, 2008

Best mommy in the whole world

Yes, that would be me. At least according to Caroline. She told me that at lunch today and again before bedtime. Not sure, but I think the one before bedtime may have been her trying to buy time. She then said I was a "very good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good mommy". Of course that got me to lean down and give her another hug at which point she latched on with a giant hug and said "I am never going to let you go." At this point I am still totally buying it and give her a huge hug back, but as I try to let go and she really is not letting go. I start to feel suckered. Eventually Matt came to the rescue and pried us apart and we left a whimpering Caroline to fall asleep.

4 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

awww, you are a very good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good Mommy.

Rebecca said...

Even if you were suckered, that's such a great way to get suckered! I love moments like that. :)

Mollypants said...

Good news: she's learning the all-too-important lesson that many kids don't learn - you attract more flies with a teaspoon of honey than a gallon of vinegar.

I sound like my mom.

Mel said...

How cute :-) She definitely knows how to butter you up :-0

Good job on the running by the way!