Not mine, but Matt's. I feel for him. Okay, not really. He flew to New York this morning and is coming back tomorrow. Every time this year he has gotten bumped due to his status and has even tried to tell me that once you start flying in first class it is really tough to fly in coach. Occasionally I hear complaints about being delayed and having to sit on the plane. Comfy seat, people bringing you drinks and no kids crawling on you and asking for things? I could handle that and would probably appreciate the delay. He complains.
Yesterday however something really bad happened. When Matt went to print his ticket he realized for some reason his frequent flyer number had gotten left off the reservation and they had already assigned seats. Problem? He got a middle seat in coach. He told me last night and I could not help but laugh. I think he was looking for sympathy. Too bad. I am sure he will get some yummy dinner and stay in some posh hotel. We will enjoy chick-fil-a's finest after playgroup and then I get to bathe and put the kids to bed all by myself. At least I know Matt is not totaling kicking back in first class.
7 comments:
Chick-fil-a...mmm...we have one in center city, but it's not the same.
I hear ya...Judd went to Munich last weekend and rode in Business Elite there and back. I wouldn't have minded kicking back, watching movies, and being served freshly baked cookies. Rather I was home cleaning up spit up and poopy diapers. Want a buddy pass and we can fly somewhere in 1st class?
Yeah, I really feel for him, NOT! I never get upgraded unless I fly at weird times....I like first class too but just don't get to see too much of it!
I want to go somewhere in first class :-)
Never seen first class except on my way to the back of the plane. Apparently affected his entire trip, so tomorrow center seat back of plane. Hehehe.
Carrie- I think I could manage flying on a buddy pass in first class.
Molly- Tonight the chick-fil-a was especially good. not sure why, but lately it has been lacking.
Melissa- Sorry you have not been getting bumped up. Matt did say the other day it is not as fun as it used to be and that they have been shrinking the seats lately. The horror!
melissa - seriously, you should call Delta and say you've been documenting everything on your blog and you want upgrades...maybe they'll put you on that magic holbrook list.
I don't have much sympathy for people who are "forced" to fly coach (unless you bought a ticket in 1st, and they bumped you back to coach - then I'd be pissed). I bet the Chick-fil-A was good because you weren't crammed in the middle seat of coach while eating it. :)
I've flown first class twice and it once was on the way back from London! I didn't pay for either, but airline bumped us!
Post a Comment