Monday, August 11, 2008

About to try for a little nap

Long weekend. Stayed busy most of the time. Stupidly stayed up for the entire opening ceremony only to fall asleep for the last ten minutes. Had to get up and run at 7am the next day. Barely made three miles and then went for a walk to get some breakfast and play at the park with Matt and the kids. Then, Saturday night we went to the Panthers game. A law firm actually invited not only the bankers in Matt's group but also spouses and kids (we got a sitter for Caroline and Owen). It was my first one and I really cannot tell you very much about it since we talked and watched the Olympics the whole time. The stadium was really nice though.

Sunday somehow I slept to 9am!!!!!! It was a small miracle and I have no idea the last time it happened, but thanks Matt! After quiet time our Wednesday school friend playgroup was having a cookout so we headed over there. It was nice to have everyone together with the husbands. We even managed to get a really cute picture of all the kids (even one of the girls 7 month old younger sister Molly). Luckily they have a huge backyard and lots of toys. Matt had no idea there were that many kids in the group (14). Nice to know that he now understands why the house is so destroyed some days!

So after staying up late watching all of the Olympics and Matt waking me up when he finally finished working at 3:30 this morning I am off to attempt a small nap!

1 comment:

Drena said...

Good to hear you too are addicted to the Olympics! I haven't watched the opening ceremonies yet....dvr for later.