After a morning out in the yard trimming things up and trying to prep for the fall we went to a Luau last night. Was not sure what to expect since it is one of the girls from playgroup that I do not know very well. She made of point of saying the whole family, but she only has one little girl around six months. Guess I was a little nervous she was not going to be ready for the "big" kids running around. We ended up having a great time! It was lots of fun and there were lots of "little" babies (even a six week old!) and "big" kids. We even found a fourth for our half marathon. We had thought of inviting Whitney earlier, but thought she would probably be pregnant by December, but looks like they are waiting till mid December to try. So, looks like the half marathon should be lots of fun (not that it would not have been before, but four just makes it a little more even).
The one weird part of the party (at least for me) was my doctor was there. Even though the hosts are both doctors and I knew some (if not most) of the guests would be doctors, it never occurred to me that one could be one of my doctors. It was a little weird because we both recognized each other and did the whole smile thing, but I was not sure it was her. Whitney was talking to someone so I could not ask her so I ask her husband and then some other guy is like "yeah, that's her. I'm her husband." Nice. Turns out they are both really nice (although I knew she was because she gave me the zpack, but asked me to wait another day and just save it if I felt better) along with their little girl. Not sure if I like hanging out with people who know my medical history though. Free advice on random matters - great. Actual knowledge of my medical history - a little weird.
Just recovering today. Making brownies and grilling tonight. No key lime pie because the grocery somehow was completely out of frozen lime concentrate. Trying a new recipe and did not feel like going to another store. Maybe later this week. If it turns out will even consider posting it on here.
3 comments:
I know what you mean on the medical history thing, but I think after living with a nurse for two years, I have no shame - I probably need to exercise a little restraint, as a matter of fact. I asked the guy I'm...idunno, talking to...a question the other day, and I had to phrase it with "okay, I know this is a REALLY dumb question, but..." and he laughed at it. The best thing was when he goes "seriously, though, don't take my word as medical advice, that isn't my specialty" (it was about pathology/forensic science)...I said "oh no, don't worry. I reserve my medical knowledge research purely for WebMD."
Sounds like fun.
I usually call my favorite pharmacist, Erin, for all medical advice!! :)
Yeah, that would be a little odd.
I also utilize Erin for all kinds of random questions...she has laughed at me more than once but she gives good advice.
Also, sounds like we now know the "date" was a doctor like Drena guessed (of course I have been out of town so maybe everyone already knew that).
Post a Comment