Friday, August 15, 2008

My brilliant little boy!

A while ago Owen started getting into the stereo and pressing all the buttons. I decided a short term easy solution was to just move the ottoman in front of the cabinet. Well, lately he has been pushing the ottoman away and getting in again turning on the stereo, twisting all the knobs and playing with my ipod. I had been just closing it, putting the ottoman back and distracting him. So the other day as I walked over he handed me my ipod, (turned on to U2) and smiled at me. It was almost music time so I asked him if he wanted music on (he had the wrong input selected so no music yet) and he said yes and started bouncing up and down. Changed the input on the stereo, music started, he looked at me again and smiled then closed the cabinet and tried to move the ottoman back! I guess he was just ready to dance!

On a side note, any guesses what toddlers and homeless people have in common? I say toddlers because Caroline use to try and do this too when she was Owen's age.

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

Homeless people..now I do not know kids, but I DO know homeless people. Philly is homeless CENTRAL. I'll guess a couple:
-the desire (or need) to pee in public.
-the ability to eat really really dirty food or stuff out of the trash
-talk to themselves/imaginary friends
-sell you stuff that no one would actually pay money for (tissues, etc)
-beg for change.
-say inappropriate things in public
-hide food for future consumption and forget about it.
-decline a bath.

I don't know...I'm guessing Caroline doesn't do any of those though...

Rebecca said...

How cute! He just wanted to have a little party!

As for toddlers & homeless people...how about pick their nose?

m said...

Well, I was referring to eating food out of the trash can. However, Caroline is really good with the imaginary friends and has had to be reminded to use a tissue. Owen has not gotten to those yet though. Things to look forward to!