Yes, I had M&M's for dinner tonight. Not healthy. Probably not even considered a real meal by most people, but this is what happens when Matt travels. Did have some crab dip and artichoke dip at playgroup late afternoon. Maybe that can count as part of my dinner.
Tomorrow I have to make a call I am dreading. I hate complaining. Big surprise considering some of my posts, but that is about poor customer service. This is possibly about a problem with Caroline's class this year. Caroline is registered for the M/W/TH/F class. At the end of last year there were rumors that not enough kids had registered for 2 days (T/TH) and the M/W/F classes were very popular. This causes a few problems especially since 5 day a week kids normally do a combined M/W/F and T/TH schedule. I then heard (still at the end of last year) that the kids were going to be coming in and out of classes. For some reason I assumed they were putting the T/TH 2 day a week kids in with the M-TH 4 day a week kids. This made sense to me since Caroline's class had a wait list. Well, today I heard from another person that one of the four day a week classes was going to have different teachers on different days. Not good, but still hope. Then I realized that at the end of last year Caroline's teacher told me that she was doing four day a week three year olds, but it was the M-TH class. This is so not good. Now I have to call and somehow stress the fact that this is not acceptable. I have no leverage. It is not like I am going to threaten to take them out - they love it, it is one of the best preschools and there is no way I could get them in anywhere else even if I wanted to. Let me know if you have any advice or if I am over reacting. At playgroup today everyone seemed to be unhappy with the situation. We are hoping if enough call and voice concern they will make more of an effort to do something.
5 comments:
So, I'm totally confused... the rumor is that Caroline will have different teachers on different days? In my opinion, that's stupid on their part too... classroom management and lesson planning would be incredibly difficult. Maybe you could call to verify what's going on and then voice your concern???
Thanks Meredith - I was confused too (glad I wasn't the only one). I agree though - if they are going to have different teachers on different days, I would say that's not good, and you are right to call & express concern over that. I assume you pay tuition for them to be there, and that having different teacher on different days is not what you signed up for & thought you were paying for. If that is not what they said it was going to be, then maybe they need to hire some more teachers? Who knows.
You are paying them..you have a right to complain if you feel strongly about something. Good Luck! :)
Ok, good, I didn't get it either so I think the comments by Meredith and Rebecca helped me to understand the problem. Maybe b/c I am not a mom or a teacher I don't understand still. Why does it matter if she has different teachers? Not trying to be offensive, but just trying to understand why it is a concern. Again, probably my like of mom experience. This will help me for future!
I think you know best for your kids more than anyone, but I was kind of like Drena, though seeing some of the above comments made me realize where it could be detrimental. Maybe if the situation can't be changed, you and some of the other parents can just ask the teachers how they're planning to work within this context? Like so they're working together, not repeating the same lesson, and aware of problems or issues from day to day that happened with the other teacher, rather than working completely independant of each other. It could turn out to be a godsend in some ways...like if Caroline's learning style didn't jive with one, she can learn the material in a different way from the other, giving the reinforcement that the material may need.
I don't know though - I am neither mom nor teacher!
Post a Comment