Thursday, October 2, 2008

Super powers?

I had an eye checkup on Monday and am still seeing 20/15 woo-hoo! This prompted Matt to jokingly ask if that meant I had x-ray vision. Thankfully it does not. It did get me thinking though, if I could have some sort of super power what would it be? Definitely not the x-ray vision, that would probably result in more scares then good things. Super strong? Not so interested, already pretty buff (just kidding, but I get by just fine). Start fires just by thinking about it or concentrating? Perfectly capable of getting some matches or one of those little auto starter things out of the drawer. Then I thought of it, I want to be like Samantha in Bewitched and just wiggle my nose to get things done. Laundry, check. Dishwasher, check. Table cleaned off, check. It would be perfect! So what would your super power be if you could pick just one?

On a similar note, I have been extremely productive/delegated out. Christmas cards picked up. Target. Grocery. Full tank of gas. Owen and Caroline Halloween costumes. Halloween stuff out and ready to put up. Found missing part of swing for Drena. Called about ballet class for Caroline. Ran 3.5 miles three times this week, gearing up for 6 on Saturday. Remembering Owen's medicines for his ear (he ruptured his eardrum last week at the doctor). More keys made for the garage since still cannot find the other one (putting us down to one key). I am pretty tired though.

Missing Matt and as a side result the laundry is piling up (still pretty afraid of the basement). He had a long dinner with lawyers last night (at my favorite steakhouse to add insult!), is off playing golf with other lawyers now (on a beautiful day, again jealous), and has a recruiting reception tonight. I am updating my blog and possibly going to get out the Halloween decorations. Bet he is jealous.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and gearing up for the debate tonight. Should be an exciting one!

3 comments:

Drena said...

I would want to teleport as my super power. I'll let you know if I change my mind, but the bewitched thing is a good one too.

Mollypants said...

I've been debating this all night, so I didn't forget about it...what would I MOST want? Psychic powers. Lottery numbers, stock picks, or even a reliable public transit schedule.

m said...

Nice super powers. Had not even thought of either of those. With Drena's I would hopefully never be late. With Molly's I could have someone else clean everything else, but I do like my alone time so that would possibly be a pain to always have someone around. I guess there would be other benefits to winning the lottery though...