Friday, October 10, 2008

I knew it was bad, but this

Matt loves excel. I have know it since we pretty much met and confirmed it when we were both working in the same room and suddenly I heard his computer reading me messages out loud in excel. I assume he is pretty good at it too since he always sets up ones for me, complains about people not doing things correctly in it, and people from other groups and companies will ask him questions about how to do it. It contributes to the many reasons I love him, but today he hit a new low. I found out he plays excel golf. He tried to defend himself by saying he does not play anymore. He has moved onto world golf tour. Wow, not sure I consider that an improvement.

4 comments:

Mollypants said...

Its okay, I once dated a guy who had once played Dungeons and Dragons. You do have a dog named Beta, so I think the world's okay with his nerd habit. ;)
And your husband's fraternity brother has equally scary nerd habits. I've seen them, and I don't know if the world is ready for their publication.

Zane Hollingsworth said...

I too have an Excel problem. It is reassuring to hear that other people suffer from a nerdy love of Excel as well. I fear I am an excel snob. All those years doing financial modeling during college warped my mind. Love the golf excel, thanks for the link.

Mollypants said...

I don't think I use excel for anything other than a simple database. If Matt wants to play on a Excel for Mac every now and then, I'd love the help!

m said...

Molly - One of Matt's fraternity brothers married his girlfriend from college and I believe she summed it up when she said that having known them in college it was amazing how well they were marrying. I am sure if you need some help with excel on a mac matt would love to help, esp if you need a change of scenery some night and want to do some babysitting!

Zane- glad you liked the link. Not sure what it is about financial modeling that turns some of you boys into excel snobs. Matt gets upset every time I make a change to the Christmas card list.