Thursday, October 16, 2008

Four

I have run twice this week and my start time was thrown with Matt traveling. I ran a little earlier then normal on Monday (6:15 vs 6:30) and it was amazing what those 15 minutes did. You could still see all of the stars perfectly (because it was still pitch black) and it was sooooooo quiet. Most houses were still dark although I did see some tv's on (all to the news), one man getting in his car, one person pulling out of a driveway and one person reading the paper in the living room. I also saw all sorts of kids at the bus stops that are not normally there still (the bus must come by during that little time frame). Fast forward to Wednesday at just after 10am (about Four hours later from Monday) and everything was so busy and loud. It was amazing to see how much goes on in such a short period of time. There was road work crews fixing sidewalks and so many cars I could barely hear my music (I opted against ear buds and just let it play). Every morning I see the guy smoothing the clay tennis courts at the club I run by, he was just setting up at 6:30 and the courts were full at 10:30 when I went by. I saw TruGreen out, steam cleaners at several houses, three tree crews and numerous landscaping crews (no way I could keep track of that one). Just thought it was interesting how much can change in just four short hours.

Coincidentally four is also the number of days Matt has been gone with this being the fourth night. Owen is doing pretty good. We had a fun morning while Caroline was at school. Went to Target and Trader Joe's (it is my new favorite store!) then came home and played for a while. He is just so much fun lately. Caroline who is normally an excellent sleeper has woken up early the last two mornings - 5:55 yesterday and about 5:10 this morning (not sure because I thought it was part of a dream at first and it took me a while to wake up and go up to check on her). I am sure she will sleep fine once Matt gets home.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the new picture - they are too cute!

Mel said...

yeah, I love that picture two! Caroline looks so grown up in it though..I feel like without the bandana I would see her at a UGA game with a DG loves the Dawgs sticker!!

Drena said...

Doesn't Caroline remember she is not to get up until the clock says 7!!

m said...

Drena- laugh now, but it works. I know plenty of people with kids who get up every single morning and are in mommy and daddy's bed by 6 or 6:15.

She is allowed out of the bed, just not downstairs before 7. Wednesday she was just talking and playing and needed more sleep (she had a meltdown when we got home from soccer). Today she was crying because she could not find her lovey, who had fallen out of the bed.