Pretty much sums up how I feel right now. Tired physically and mentally. Can barely move. About to put myself on a strict 10pm bedtime (as in head to bed at 10pm and be in it by 10:30 at the latest). Also, tired of the elections. The political ads and calls have been incessant. Actually just complained to some random campaign worker that had the unlucky break to get my number to call. She asked if her candidate could count on my vote. Told her that race has become a joke and disintegrated into nothing. I think I heard her laugh at me.
Anyways had a good last several days. Got to see Drena and Adam over the weekend and we had our block party. The kids had a great time at the block party and I got to have some of my all time favorite cake. The owner lives on our street and she brought a sheet cake for one of the boys on the street birthday. It just so happened to even be my favorite flavor - lemon raspberry!
Yesterday we had some good unexpected surprises (at least for me!). Owen had his 18 month check-up and they had also just gotten the flu vaccine in the day before. So, no calling around and both kids are taken care of! Caroline was not so happy, but it was a really nice surprise to have that done with no extra effort. Afterwards we got lucky and were able to have lunch with Molly and her cousin Kate. We are really hoping they decide Charlotte is a better city then Charleston and move her. Caroline and Owen really seemed to warm up quickly to both and I know they would be great babysitters!
Anyways off to make some cookies with Caroline - oatmeal and chocolate chip. Any idea if it is suppose to be semi sweet or milk chocolate chips? Thinking semi-sweet, but not sure...
1 comment:
I prefer darker chocolate. much better.
And we're moving to Charlotte!
Post a Comment