Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Alone

That would be me, except for Owen napping upstairs. Caroline is on her first non-neighbor play date at a friend from school and Matt has made it safely to Korea. Pretty sure I may have made a little too big of a deal out of Matt being gone because on the way to school yesterday Caroline started telling me it was sad when daddy is gone. He left at his usual time, so it was not like anything was different (except the taxi picking him up). She is also telling anyone who will listen that her daddy is out of town for five days. I guess the out of town part not so unusual, but the length of time is more then normal.

I can take care of everything myself, I just miss the little calls to tell him something funny or unusual that happened, like Caroline's play date. Meredith was outside when we got there and Caroline hopped right out of the car and ran inside instantly while her mom and I talked for minute. They live right next door to a house that we looked at right down the street. They also lived in London for a year at the same time we would have been there and are really good friends with the guy (and his family) that tried to get us to move there. It was really weird. Oh, and the mom's name - Meg. Matt would find all of this funny, but instead I have to wait until later and hope that I can remember to tell him all of it when we talk later (it is around 3am there now).

Any guesses how bored I am? I cleaned the blinds in the kitchen last night.

2 comments:

Drena said...

u should come to ATL for the week! Kids can miss school....it's not like the have an attendance policy! :)

Mel said...

You could entertain me...I am in a hotel room all week :-(