Okay, Caroline is exhausted but refusing to sleep and just keeps going to the bathroom right above Owen's room which keeps waking him up. I think I could go up there and scream. Instead, I will probably wait and go up very quietly, hopefully scaring her to the point of realizing it is easier and safer to stay in her room then go potty every five minutes and then play in the water.
Easy morning. Kids both went to school even though Owen has a super runny nose. Could be teething related or a little spring cold. Oh well. Caroline was up for an hour last night from 3 to 4am. Felt bad because she did sound a little sick, but could not go up and lay down with her (in case she whacked me in the eye) so Matt had to deal with it and he did not have a whole lot of patience for it. Not feeling too bad for him though since he got to go watch golf and drink beer this morning (already had one down by 9:30) and gets to play golf Friday. Oh and when we are in the car tomorrow afternoon I will be the one that ends up wedged between the two carseats in the back when the kids have decided they have had enough and are crying. It will not be fun.
We are heading up to Wintergreen and Lexington, VA tomorrow afternoon to see Matt's parents and go to his 10 year reunion. Should be fun. Caroline and Owen will stay with Bruce and Suzie while we go over to Lexington on Friday and come back Saturday night. Should be nice. Friday night is a band party in a barn with kegs - for all of the reunion classes. Should be interesting. Old people usually know how to have a good time.
Seems like there have been a few animal related posts lately which I though was funny because the last several days I have been noticing this one squirrel that keeps hanging out on our deck. How do I know it is the same squirrel? Because this one is HUGE. Thinking it must be about to give birth or something because I would think after winter they should be skinny little things but this one looks like two squirrels together and it's belly is practically hanging on the ground when it runs around. Hoping they are not like stray cats who like to have babies in a safe place and they hang out jump into boxes in your garage when they are about to give birth and next thing you know you don't just have one cat you are trying to get rid of, but like seven and six of them are just brand new born kittens. This happened once when we were little. One had been hanging out around the house and one day jumped in a box. My mom called humane society and I went to go look at the cat and there were like seven of them. No one believed me at first. Then everyone was looking at them. It was crazy. All of this happened in less then hour. So the cats hung out there until that night when animal control came and took them all away. We didn't get to keep any. My parents are a little more dog people.
Not sure if there will be an update tonight. May go to Bunko. We play for money and drink wine. Usually good times, but need to see how much laundry I manage to get done.
5 comments:
too bad we can't have our babies within an hour
Do you guys ever go to Baby Loves Disco? I saw a story on it the other night and your bunko thing reminded me of it - my friend goes to it with her baby sometimes and said it's a whole lot of fun...kids play in safe and fun activities while parents get to chill out and have a couple of drinks. I don't think it's like Sky's Place or anything, don't think I'm a total wino there, but my friend Clare says it's nice because the only other moms she knew outside of it when she moved here were from her church and they looked at her like she was insane when she brought a bottle of wine to the ladies' night out there...www.babylovesdisco.com
I have always wanted to try bunko...I have heard it was really fun. I can also safely say that I doubt I will be friends with any moms who think that a bottle of wine is "bad"....didn't Jesus turn water to wine? Hello, we are obviously supposed to drink wine!
too funny... we have neighborhood bunko nights, and I bring the wine usually! ;)
yes, all my mom friends drink wine - except the ones who are preggers. Although even those can often be talked into a glass by the second or third trimester.
Post a Comment