As you may have already noticed, no update yesterday. Had my Lasik in the morning. Came home, took a nap and was pretty groggy the rest of the day. Whoever said it does not hurt, must not have any sensitivity (this would include Matt). It hurt worse then childbirth afterwards, however, when I woke up from my nap three hours later everything was all better! Oh, and as of this morning I have 20/15 vision - that rocks!
Owen (according to his teachers at school) said "thank you" clear as a bell when they gave him a snack. On the one hand I do not think it is possible since he doesn't even say mama with any regularity. On the other, it would make perfect sense, since he doesn't even say mama with any regularity.
Caroline has taken the potty ring back off the toilet upstairs, but is leaving the one on where the "incident" happened.
Today the painters were here. Destroyed the house and did not get anything really all that good done. Tomorrow should be a long day, but hopefully they will knock it all out. We shall see. Took the kids to Target. Caroline insisted on taking the big huge cart that the two kids can still in the back part - two kids between 2-6 years old. I went ahead and put Owen in and was "that mom". Oh well, it was not like he was buckled in the seat that long. He sat for a while on the little space between the two seats and then stood up and looked over the side. I thought Caroline was going to also want out, but I guess the "conversation" before we got in the huge cart sunk in and she understood there was no getting out or we would NEVER have that cart again.
Owen did take a nasty fall this afternoon and has a little cut on his back and huge long knot on his head. He was having snack at the table in his booster (while I sat right next to him) and kicked the chair over. It was awful to watch, but he stopped crying within a few minutes of picking him up and was in a great mood the rest of the night. So, I guess he is a pretty tough little guy.
Nothing really fun or interesting. Tomorrow, more painting, Caroline pictures at school and Friday afternoon playgroup - the fun one. Although the person hosting is pregnant, but hopefully she will still have some wine for the rest of us.
4 comments:
Pregnant people can be fun too!!!
Ha, I can only imagine how difficult it is to take kids shopping - probably the very reason my mom doesn't let ANY of us - even me, NOW - go to the grocery store with her.
Wow - I didn't know you'd be recovered so quickly! Congratulations, I NEED that surgery...I'm thinking if I can find a questionable accountant I can claim it as a business expense, sort of like how dancers can deduct implants.
Now I feel like a jerk for somehow moving from kids to dancers all in one comment.
I'll always bring wine, even when pregnant (knock on wood). My favorite baby shower ever was for my cousin Lauren - a margarita party. The directions to the party ended with "look for the big lady NOT holding a margarita, that's how you know you're there"
Wow... you have the best playgroup EVER!! My playgroups NEVER involve wine. I've brought it up as an idea, and I just get a funny look like I must be out of my mind or something. Guess I'll just have to continue drinking in secret at home ;)
Post a Comment