So today was pretty busy. Caroline had school this morning (and was suppose to have her picture taken, but it is next Friday when she will be out) and the painters were here. Caroline had a great time at school, but is starting to give me more and more attitude. It is driving me crazy. I have definitely had to pull the because I'm your mom and I said so card quite a few times lately. She is however a perfect little angel at school. Her teacher told me today her and another girl are the only two who always listen to everything the teachers say.
Painters have destroyed the house and are still not done, even though they were suppose to be today. There is dust everywhere. They may have had a shot at finishing today, but when they started the walls they realized a whole lot of cracks that the faux finish was hiding. It is a mess. Hopefully they will finish Monday morning while the kids are at school.
The bright spot of my day was definitely Owen (maybe THIS is why you have more then one). We got to have just mommy and Owen time all morning and he was so sweet and cute. We ran to Target and he just kept giggling and playing peekaboo (he puts his head down and then lifts it back up and giggles and laughs). When we stopped for lunch he smiled at everyone one table to another until he found someone to play peekaboo with (since she was behind us he did this by turning all the way around and they looking around at her). Owen and I then decided he should try drinking his milk with a straw and he loved it and did not spill at all. Not sure if it was more me or him, but I feel like we are finally reaching that point of really enjoying being together. Matt does better when they are babies and they really seem to like him more when they are little, but I feel Owen and I turned a corner this week. I guess it kinda makes up for all the trouble his sister has been giving me this week.
She has been crying if I tell her it is quiet time, crying if I tell her she cannot have quite time upstairs in her room, crying if I tell her we have to come inside (even though she is sunburned with sunscreen on - after all of 30 mins), crying when I tell her she has to share with her best friend, crying when her friend lets her have something, crying when I tell her no cupcakes until tomorrow... It has been endless this week. Oh and the ring is back on the toilet upstairs - another "incident" on Matt's watch.
Dinner is here gotta go.
No comments:
Post a Comment