Monday, April 21, 2008

Day One - an update

Not a new picture, but things looked a little plan without one. Will put that on the to do list. Not a very interesting day - just getting things done. Ran a few errands this morning after dropping the kids at "school". Then went back to school for Caroline's trike-a-thon. The kids basically ride their chosen mode of transportation (bike, trike, wagon, etc) around the gym for a half hour to raise funds for St. Jude Children's hospital. I brought Caroline's tricycle hoping she would maybe have fun and do a couple laps on her own. No such luck. First she refused to wear her helmet (which they are suppose to do all the time, but never do here at home - something to work on). I had to lean down and tell her if she did not wear it, she was not riding. She agreed. I then helped her get to the start line. Then the whole class took off - except Caroline. She looked up at me and immediately requested my help. I then proceeded to push her around the gym on her trike for the next half hour. Every time I tried to stop she stopped and asked where I was going (maybe to talk to the other parents?). It was a lot of fun though and we avoided all but one accident - luckily everyone was okay.

After school headed home and played out back for a little while. Then came in and met the painter (actually he meet us in back and then we headed in) showed him what we needed done and scheduled for Thursday and Friday. Should be a busy week. We have the electrician here tomorrow (and eye appt), Lasik (hopefully) on Wednesday and painters Thurs and Friday. Oh, and Caroline's birthday party on Saturday. Should be lots of fun. Hopefully, no one will get sick.

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

I'm so glad you are blogging - can't wait to keep up!! Couple of cutie pies!

Mel said...

YAY! I am glad that we will be doing this....I love Caroline's hair...so cute, just like mommy :-) I can't ever decide who they look like....