Sunday, April 27, 2008

Party over


Yesterday was Caroline's birthday party (birthday not for a little over a week, but we are out of town next weekend). We did it at a kids' gym near here. The gym did a great job of taking care of almost everything, we just had to bring the food, paper products and favors. It was just a little crazy though. Only one person could not make it and one person brought a sibling, so the place was packed and there were kids and parents everywhere (I thought a lot of people would be busy, but guess not). They seemed to have a good time though. The picture above is from when we were setting up in the "party room". I just was happy we could get both of them to turn around and kinda smile at the same time. Owen had a great time and just crawled all over everything. He loved being there and never cried at all! Caroline did cry every time the attention was on her (parachute time and singing "happy birthday"), but right after everyone started talking again she would get all happy. I think she is having trouble showing the world the diva she can be at home - something I am very happy about. She understands everything people say and I think she does not want to disprove all the "she is just so sweet" comments...

Today was fun day, although Caroline was having "a very bad day" - her quote, although I do agree! Owen was lots of fun and Caroline scrapped up her knees pretty bad this afternoon running around in her crocs. She then changed into her tennis shoes for our walk to the park - Caroline and Owen got to ride. We stopped to say hi to one of the ducks at the pond. He started beelining for us. Probably thought we had some food, but after reading the signs that said it was prohibited we no longer do that. We then tried to get out of there quick. While I am not "afraid" of the ducks they kinda "creep me out" since one jumped out of the pond onto the brick wall right next to me when I turned around one time. Freaked me out, made me scream and I almost peed my shorts. He followed us briefly that time and then realized he was not getting any.

We stopped on the way back and watched a little bit of a little league game at the "mini stadium". It was a little bit of a blow out at 11-0 in the third. Also, realized after standing right by the fence in the outfield that if this was the team that was up, we may be in the wrong place to get hit by a ball. We then left and headed home right before it started raining. Ran into the couple next door who are getting ready to move. Found out she is expecting their first - third couple we know due in December. Any ideas who the other two are? A little weird in that it seems most people have be going with the spring/summer babies and now we know three due within 2 weeks of December.

Hoping for a good week. Painters are here again tomorrow. Cannot wait for them to be done. And Gossip Girl is on tomorrow! I think tomorrow's episode is when we find out who is gay. Should be good stuff! And House is back!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Matt will be happy with some of the shows tomorrow night too!

Random thought this last "green week" - I am all behind saving the Earth and leaving it better then before I got here, but.... these people who all want the earth to be here forever are a little optimistic. After all, isn't our sun fairly young and probably going to either blow up and turn all huge or go out and suck us in?

Last thing, on the topic of "stupid news stories" (we purposely watch the lowest rated news stations every night for laughs) we had massive thunderstorms last night (and today). The station reported that the storms had even broken up a neighborhood party south of town, but it was okay because everyone was able to get under a tent. Ummmm... First it was not a town, but a subdivision party they were reporting on and second, under a tent in a thunderstorm???? Perhaps they should have gone under the largest tree they saw and the station could report that for everyone to consider as an option the next time they are faced with a sudden lightening.

Need to pack lunches.


6 comments:

Mollypants said...

I love the new picture of them! Caroline looks so grown up every time you show a new one.
I was the "dual personality child" too when I was little - I was louder than hell at home, and around anyone else I was paaaainfully shy. I wouldn't ever take a nap past 2 at home, then when I went to kindergarten my teacher wanted to send me to Special Ed because I went into the corner and went to sleep instead of engaging in class. I know - me, painfully shy - who knew?

m said...

Great! I should have known I had a mini-Molly on my hands. May have to skip the aunt molly stories.

Mel said...

Sounds like you had a busy day!!

I too love Gossip girl but I didn't know we were finding out anyone was gay...I did know we were supposed to find out who sent S all those gifts...how did I miss the gay thing? Probably cause i was editing and eating while watching it...I have it on DVR though so maybe I will revisit it....

Drena said...

I laughed so hard thinking about you and Matt innocently watching 2G,1c. It provided me great joy for a good 5 minutes last night just picturing your face!

m said...

I think I caught the Gossip girl stuff in an Us Weekly. Not sure if it will really happen.

Matt refused to watch and I ended up watching only about 8 seconds total. It was awful. The only thing more disgusting is that some people are actually turned on by it. ewww. I need to take another shower now.

Terri said...

Can I just say that your two munchkins are adorable! My little munchkin is currently absolutely refusing to take his nap. I think he hears me typing downstairs or something... one minute he's screaming, the next he's talking to himself and singing. Gotta love them, right?