It has been a crazy week so far, but will hopefully calm down a little now. Monday was Owen's birthday so I was running around making a cake while home and spent most of the time they were at school looking for a dress (more on that later). Yesterday Owen had his two year well appointment and then Caroline had ballet/tap. Spent the afternoon cleaning up around here and taking care of a few things (tracking down a new lovey for Owen,writing Owen's thank you's, addressing Caroline's birthday invites, etc) then outside to play with friends. Today I had an eye appointment (still 20/15), ran a few errands, and looked for a dress. This afternoon Caroline had a friend over so that was most of the afternoon then we went out for a while to enjoy the surprise nice weather (80% chance of rain all day turned into sprinkles in the morning and beautiful ble afternoon!). So, not a whole lot of time to just sit and most of that has been just trying to zone out.
So, the great dress hunt... I still have some time, but need to find something for a wedding the first weekend of May. Not really a whole month, because the kids only have one more day this week and then off for 10 days - spring break next week and the following Monday. After that it is already middle of April only leaving a week or two to look and a week to accesorize. The wedding is in Jersey right outside the city and is two of Matt's friends from college. Neither of our parents could babysit, but we were super lucky to find a great babysitter who said she could do an overnight job - MOLLY!!!! (Yes, we LOVE her!) It is at 6:30 at a country club and is "black tie recommended". Ugh. Matt is wearing his tux. Double ugh. So now I have to find something somewhat approriate. The only thing I really have has been worn to every event for the last 6 plus years. Oh, and my normal attire is jeans and flip flops. Not sure I am going to be able to find anything I feel comfortable in.
I have had quite a bit of luck eliminating choices and also discovered one store I will never go to again. The sales woman was very nice and helped me pick out a few dresses. I could not see the tags and did not recognize most of the brands (could see the labels) so went ahead and said sure to a few (to try on). I did recognize Oscar de la renta and declined trying that one on (this was where I got a little worried Matt would not be happy with anything from this store). However, I was already committed to trying on the others. So, got in the dressing room and looked at the tags of the three - $1695, $1895, and $1995. I have never been so careful trying anything on in my life. I did not want to risk a "sorry you have to pay for that." I left with a think on it and hope to make a decision later in the week.
Owen has his follow up eye appointment tomorrow. Hoping it goes well!
2 comments:
I might have something you can wear if you want to go short. Kate also has a couple of things and she's real tall if you want to keep it long. One's really your style, in my opinion. However...jersey? Totally cocktail-able!
Looking forward to an Aunt Molly overnight!
What bargains you found! Should have bought all three! :)
Post a Comment