Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sticker club

About to make dinner. Everything is good here. Great weekend. Yard work and Matt put out all the mulch on Friday, Saturday we had several friends for dinner on Saturday night. I made a way good specialty drink in addition to having beer and wine - brandy smash! Even the guys all liked it!!!! Maybe I'll post the recipe when not about to make dinner. Easter was nice and quiet. Matt flew out after the kids went to bed which was at least nice to have him here the whole day.

On to important things - sticker club. Basically it is a child's chain letter for stickers. We got it two years ago and I did not do since Caroline was not even two at the time and would not really understand (plus was not a huge fan and barely in contact with the mom who sent it to me). Then the other day a really good friend mentioned it and I said please no. Well, about a week later another pretty good friend asked and this time I broke down. The main problem? Almost everyone has already done it now (should have said fine the first time) and I am on the hook. Sooooooooooooo, anyone interested in joining or not joining???? Oliver (or Drena) is already in since we all know she loves stickers and knows lots of little kids (right? and you seem likely to actually do it!). Also wondering if maybe Zachary would be interested in getting lots of mail? Not sure who else on here would be, but if either of you two are no's please let me know and if anyone else wants to be invited let me know.

4 comments:

Mollypants said...

If you can promise me that I don't have to pass it on (I'll just send some stickers to whatever kids you tell me to and then wait a month and send them to Caroline) I'll do it. Artists end up with tons of stickers, they give them free to you when you buy stuff at art stores! (and yes, I promise all kid-friendly, I even have the ones that don't leave residue)

Mel said...

I don't really understand what you do but Ariyana might like stickers (she is a little young now but we could save them). What do you do?

Drena said...

me likey stickers....I just sent Caroline and Owen one for Easter!! does that count? :)

Rebecca said...

Zachary loves stickers - I'm not opposed to it, but if it's one of those deals where you send it to 6 people, who send it to 6 people and you're supposed to get 36 stickers back, we never have any luck with those kinds of things. I always do it (pass it on to friends and send whatever to the person on the list) and we never get anything in return. :( Someone had sent me a book club thing - I bought a book & sent it to the kid and no one sent Zachary any books.