Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend update

An unusual post being that it is a Sunday afternoon and I am on the computer. Usually I would be doing something with Matt or taking a nap. Matt is playing golf though and since he was going to be gone most the day he took the kids to early Mass and let me sleep in until he called from the grocery store at 9:15. It was beautiful sleep. So, no need for a nap today.

Good week except for a little 24 hour period when Owen got sick, had another seizure and so the doctor wanted to see us. He wants us to take him to see a neurologist to rule out any underlying condition. He did not feel it was urgent so he just gave me the numbers and asked me to call in a few days to make an appointment. On the to do list for this week.

Since Owen was sick we gave our very good friend, Molly our tickets to Dave Matthews on Friday night. We were sad not to go, but already on the fence since we had a very busy Saturday planned.

Saturday turned out great! We had Caroline's birthday party in the morning at Ben & Jerry's. Everyone seemed to have a great time decorating chocolate chip cookies, making homemade ice cream, tie dying t-shirts, and eating ice cream cake! My favorite part was when they were decorating the raw cookie dough and I was helping hand out napkins to the kids. I got to Caroline's table and did not see her cookie. Asked her where it was and the little girls at her table all started laughing and pointing, said at the same time "it's in her tummy!". I looked up and saw her checks squirrel style and a huge smile. It was hilarious. Of course I had to tell her we don't eat the cookie dough uncooked, but it was really hard not to laugh and tell her I love raw cookie dough too. Yum!

Last night we went to a surprise birthday party for a friend of ours. It was fun to get dressed up and go out with everyone without the kids. Several of us also went to dinner at a yummy new place called Common House. Everything was very reasonably priced and we got to sit outside and have a few more drinks.

It is a little weird to say this, but I sometimes feel like I am back in college with these friends. I know I will never replace my friends from college and miss being near them everyday, but I finally really feel like I have great friends that I can talk to about anything or ask any kind of favor if I need something right next door and across the street. We talk about what we are going to wear to different events, sometimes even pulling out the outfits and showing them to one another which often prompts the "I have a great purse you can borrow" or "what shoes are you going to wear?". I also know they would do anything for Caroline and Owen and I would do anything for all their little ones. It seems strange to say, but Charlotte really feels like home now. I never thought I would be able to say that.

2 comments:

Drena said...

don't make me come up there and kick those neighbor girls butts!! HA! J/k

glad you had a great weekend and Caroline had a fun bday party.

m said...

In case it was not clear - no one replaces my girls from college! Just nice to have a touch of that feeling again.