Wednesday, December 10, 2008

oops.

Sorry it has been so long. Was busy with Thanksgiving, girls trip for the half marathon, and getting ready for Christmas. Everything has been good, except not running the race. The whole point of doing the half marathon was to actually run (or at least try) the entire 13.1 miles. When Caroline got sick I missed too many runs too close to the race to catch back up - 8 days, 36 miles only two weeks from the race. Not enough time. Oh well. Thinking of looking into some 8k and 10k and gear up for another half marathon sometime next fall. If anyone is considering doing Kiawah (and has not yet), they really do a great job of putting it together. Highly recommend it.

Other then that we ended up staying here for Thanksgiving. Long story. Some of you have already heard it. Goes against my blogging rules (yes, I do have some). So, if you really need the story I'll email, but not on public domain. Sorry.

Now I am just staying busy with Christmas. Pretty sure all the shopping is done. Cards are a little more then half way done, hoping to send out Friday or Saturday. Need to start baking. Have not wrapped a thing. That will require some wine and Christmas movies. On the subject of Christmas movies any favorites out there that we should try? Feel like we have seen most, but always looking for a good one. And in case anyone else is looking for one my top not typical ones would be White Christmas, One Magic Christmas (both old) or a new favorite, but out on dvd would be Fred Clause. Good message. Anyways, still need to do the oldies but goodies, Elf, Christmas Story and National Lampoons (which I do love, but dread because Matt quotes it all right before they say it - and all year long).

Hope everyone is good, sorry for the extremely long hiatus!

6 comments:

Mollypants said...

love actually, the family man and bad santa. Last one's a little (okay WAY) un-family.

Carrie Davis said...

Molly stole the ones I was going to say, Love Actually & Family Man. So sorry about the half marathon...

Mel said...

Yeah, National Lampoon is my favorite..I laugh when the credits start but I hate when people (boys) quote movies..it is so annoying.

Glad you are FINALLY back!

Meredith said...

Yes, Love Actually, Family Man, The Holiday is always a great one, as well. I also HAVE to watch a Muppet's Christmas Carol...

Was everything okay on Thanksgiving?

I'm sorry you didn't get to run, but you're right that you can do another one in the future!

Zane Hollingsworth said...

Kim refuses to watch any of the Vacation movies with me any more. I laugh from beginning to end and have most of the lines memorized as well.

m said...

Forgot about Love Actually. We have that one, so we just need to pull it out. Saw Family Man on Friday after Thanksgiving. I do love that one. May have to try Bad Santa and Muppet's - have to admit don't ever remember seeing that one!

Zane- I will never watch National Lampoon's with you - it is the incessant laughing and quotes right before the line that drive me crazy! I can do quoting with and just ignore, but the quote before and laughter during just put me over the edge.

Oh, made a mistake with White Christmas. It is actually Holiday Inn. Old black and white. love, love, love it!