Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost

One more gift to wrap - Caroline's to Owen. She has been insisting we do it together, but she was at a friend's the whole time Owen was sleeping today. Will get it done tomorrow. Every year (or this being the second year) they give each other a book as a gift with a little note written inside (ie To Caroline Merry Christmas Love Owen). This year Caroline did it all by herself. She (and I) were so proud of her.

Owen woke up looking great after the lotion, but by dinner was starting to get a little red. Hoping one more night will do the trick, because after that just the regular stuff and it never seems to work as well.

As almost done as I am I still need to find time tomorrow to make the birthday cake for Jesus.

Funny Caroline story. She refound one of her stuffed animals (refound even though she never really liked but Owen took a liking to it and it reminded her that it was hers from when she was a baby, froggy). The other night she told me she had renamed froggy. I of course asked the new name, Jesus. Suggested maybe stuffed animals should not be named Jesus, because he is a really important person so we do not name other people after him. She seemed okay with it. Then yesterday she said when she grew up and got married and had babies she was going to name her little boy Jesus. Not sure if the message made it through.

4 comments:

Mollypants said...

People in spanish countries name their babies Jesus! Haven't you ever seen the Big Lebowski?

Mel said...

Oh my gosh Molly...I just watched that movie for the first time last night because Craig was appalled that I had never seen it...how random.

I was also thinking that people in Spanish countries name their kids that...maybe tell her she has to pronounce it hey zues and see what she says :-)

Mollypants said...

You had never seen it, Melissa? oh goodness, that means you've probably had no idea what I was talking about if I've said things like "it really tied the room together" and "obviously you are not a golfer" and "OVER THE LINE! Mark it zero, next frame."...I shouldn't talk, though - I've never seen dirty dancing all the way through, and I've never seen a single harry potter movie. I tried with the first one and fell asleep.

Drena said...

Maybe she can conceive on Easter or Xmas too!