Monday, December 15, 2008

Crafty?


Never thought of myself as crafty, but after three trips to Michael's and two projects in the last few days, maybe. The wreath was a little more time consuming then I thought it would be, but lots of fun. The kids loved helping me get leaves from the tree and Caroline helped by sorting them small, medium and large. The tree skirt was also fun to do and much quicker then I expected (although I had to split it into two days to allow the glitter glue initials and ages to dry before putting on the skirt). Did decide to do white hand prints instead of green. Thought the green was going to be too busy. The kids love seeing their hands and I cannot wait to watch them get bigger every year!

We had a good weekend. Saturday was busy, but the kids were great. Everyone smiled and talked to Santa. Caroline had lots of fun at the party even though I thought she would be overwhelmed since it was at a really big loud place with lots of other kids. It may have helped having her boyfriend there. They were holding hands and stayed by each others side the entire time.

The Bobcats game was fun, but they played awful while we were there. We left towards the end of the third for the Christmas party and apparently they almost came back and won. Christmas party was good, but much different then most I have been to since college. There was a guy in a short white bathrobe, brown furry hunting hat, brown shoes and socks (Uncle Eddie). There was also a group playing Rock Band in a back room and some moonshine on the counter. Fun, but the difference between newlywed no kids and married with kids was striking. I felt a little old, but found some other "old" people to talk to.

Going to work on some wrapping tonight and have a girls dinner and white elephant exchange tomorrow night. Will try to update tomorrow afternoon, but hope everyone had a good weekend and getting in some Christmas spirit!

Oh, and here's hoping Drena starts having some painful contractions and Oliver hurries up!

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

look at you, so crafty...I really like the wreath! I love the idea of the tree skirt, and if it gets too busy, it's still something you'll love doing regardless...sort of like how you'll love the homemade reindeer on clothespin ornaments more than the fancy storebought ones ;) It reminds me of what Dan's family used to do - they bought real "growing" trees (with the ball of dirt on the base instead of a stand) and they planted them outside their house in a line every year. When they were older they had this line of trees from every year they were there. I think I may steal the idea when I have kids and oh, finally live somewhere more than one year at a time!

Rebecca said...

I vote yes for crafty! Good job! The wreath is really pretty and the tree skirt was such a clever idea. I agree that you will love it later on - kind of like my wonderful Christmas photo. Not "perfect", but perfect for us. :)

Mel said...

Yay for crafty!! Glad I am not the only one posting "crafts". I love the tree skirt and those are the kinds of things that you like so much, you don't care if they are "busy". Your kids will love it when they get older and it will be a tradition that they remember every year...great idea!!