Molly asked what we strive for, I got a little off topic, but basically said really like to have the kitchen sink empty so the kitchen feels cleaner and then the rest of the house. Coffee and a run make it great. Well, yesterday morning (when Matt was still out of town so no run) I woke up took a shower and realized I forgot to run the dishwasher (ugh). Decided to start it and would be done in time to get the kids cups out for school. Got Owen up (Caroline came down before I even got in the shower). Came back down and realize the coffee pot is in the dishwasher. Get breakfast together for the kids. Make lunches. Bring down outfits for the kids and get them dressed. Dishwasher almost done (on speed cycle). Wait. Finishes! Pull out still very hot coffee pot and make a cup of coffee. Wait for coffee to brew. Finishes! Grab a mug and pour a cup. Something wrong. Only half a cup and I see coffee grounds. Open up top part and it is filled with coffee water. Filter had gotten smooched. Pour and rinse everything. Get ready to brew another cup and realize we need to leave for school in 15 minutes. Not enough time to make, brew and drink. Dishes still to hot to unload dishwasher. So, yesterday morning no run, no coffee and all the breakfast dishes in the sink. Not my ideal way to start the day.
A few funnies from the last few days.
Today while playing on the bed in the guest room (or as it is known around here - Owen's old room) Caroline and Owen were playing on the bed next to each other. Owen was drawing on the doodle pro and Caroline was playing with one of her dolls. She then touched Owen's hand and said Owen was her doll's daddy. Then she looked at him and said, "yeah, we got married a long time ago".
When Drew and Owen were over the other day I said something about their mom being a good cook and Caroline said "my mommy's a good cook, too".
Owen saw the paper and started saying football. Kind of looked at him, but sure enough there was an ad for tv's and what was "on" the tv? Football. It really is his favorite word.
Last night before dinner, Caroline was sitting on the couch writing on the doodle pro (it is a current favorite around here). I told her it was time for dinner and as she was walking over said she was just writing "love". I asked how she could do that when she did not even know how to spell it. To which she informed me "L - O - U -E". I told her pretty close, but it is a V not U. She then told me "Well, I was pretending the U was V." Okay. Later, went over and clearly written four times was Love. The v's did look a little like u's, but it was still really impressive. The last few weeks her letters have really come a long way.
4 comments:
oh meghan...you need my coffeemaker...that or instant coffee (BLECH!) laying around!
Such cute moments!
I hate it when the morning is off to a bad start. A couple of days ago I got up, got in the shower, washed my hair (or so I thought), got out and started drying my hair and realized I hadn't really washed it - another forgetful incident. It was too late to shower again..so that wasn't a very good start to the day either. :)
Very cute stories!!! They are so growing up so much...I think that you should post some current pics of them!!
Post a Comment