Monday, November 17, 2008

Epstein-Barr















Also known as, Mono. We got the diagnosis this evening. Huge relief this afternoon they were beginning to think it could be Kawasaki disease which is very scary, so getting the news of mono was definitely good! Her liver enzymes and white blood count are both lower. They are going to check them again tomorrow and if they are still lowering then no more blood to draw (no iv usage, fresh vein in the arm every time, ouch). Now the only thing we need to fix is her fever. It keeps coming back strong and we need 24 hours without any before we can talk discharge. The above photos are with and without. The bottom is this morning at 8am with a 104.5 and the top is about 4 hours later at 98.5. She is smiling in both, but believe it or not the one on the top was harder to get her to smile. She gets a lot more attitude when she feels good. When the fever is up she basically does whatever you ask. She ran another one this afternoon, but hoping maybe no more!

Owen is doing pretty good. Just a little cold now. He misses having his sister home and gets so excited every time we see her at the hospital. I spent the day and night yesterday and this afternoon. Matt spent the first night, this morning and tonight.

Thanks for all the prayers, but please keep them coming! We all really want her home!

7 comments:

Mel said...

So glad to hear that it is mono and not something more serious! I love her little pigtails! Tell her that I hope that she feels a lot better soon!

Drena said...

Poor Caroline!! I'm so glad they figured it out and hope she gets all better soon.

Meredith said...

I'm so glad to hear it's mono and not something worse! Sweet girl! I will continue to pray for her healing!!! And prayers for strength for you!

Carrie Davis said...

Thank you for posting!! I have been thinking of you. I'm so happy to hear that there is a diagnosis and it is mono and not something more serious.

Rebecca said...

Well, like everyone else, I am also glad it is not something more serious. Hopefully she will be all better & able to come home soon - I know yall must miss having her there.

Mollypants said...

Never thought I'd say it, but yay for mono! Sounds like she's roughing her way through it. Hope you guys are finally getting some rest, I know she'll be happy to be back to her old self again.

Allison D said...

Thinking of you and your little girl!