Got my voting done this morning. Only took about 35 minutes!!!!! Did feel a little like college cramming while waiting in line trying to memorize the judges I wanted. Saw several friends and neighbors. It was actually kind of fun waiting and getting to talk to everyone. Caroline and Owen were excited since Drew and Owen from down the street walked home with us and played while their mom voted. Owen entertained the line by refusing to say "hi" to one of Matt's friends from grad school, but then perfectly saying "football" and "touchdown" complete with arms up on the latter. Matt's friend said we needed to work on "field goal". Thinking that will be next!
On the freebie front, know Drena mentioned Ben & Jerry's but thought I would mention the free tall coffee at Starbucks, red white and blue doughnut at Krispy Kreme and chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a (assuming that franchisee is participating).
Hope everyone gets out to vote and has a great day today! May post again later since Matt is out in Nashville tonight and New York tomorrow night.
4 comments:
Sadly it is illegal in GA (felony) for the free giveaways to only voters so I am hoping that the stores here will just give it out to everyone...I didn't know about the chic-fil-a but now I really want that for lunch! I am going to go now!!
Glad you got your vote in!
Spoke with a Chick-fil-A person that said in GA they are not allowed to participate because of what Mel said above. I did notice when I got my free coffee at Starbucks they did not make me prove I had voted or show them my sticker.
oooo I might go to chick-fil-a anyway.
Yes, it is pretty much illegal everywhere that is why all of them are just for anyone who mentions the promo. Except the chick-fil-a one which I assume will be similar to the thing Drena ran into before where corporate came up with it, but no one participates (or was that subway?).
None of the above for me anyways, no school today and working on cleaning out the freezer to make room for cookie dough!
Post a Comment