Wednesday, November 12, 2008

She is still sick

She is not awful, just running that awful fever. It comes down fine with the Motrin (which is better then it has been in the past), but when it starts wearing off then she just gets so worn out and feeling bad. I feel for her, but it is frustrating that she is missing school (must be symptom free for 24 hours) and yet running all over fine for most of the day. The one perk is today was day 5 of having her take a nap with me in the afternoon. Sleeping up in her room, not fun. Sleeping in Matt and mine bed, fun (at least in the afternoon). There is plenty of room so I don't get hit and she gets into a super rhythmic breathing that just lulls me in. So, when I am having trouble getting stuff done in the morning, I just keep reminding myself that at least we can take a nap together in the afternoon. I will miss that part when she gets better since she has given up her naps.

Also, if anyone is looking for a little laugh, check out this catalog. Not sure how I got this one. The clothing is not my style, but I do get some random catalogs lately. What caught my eye though was one of the models. She just cracks me up. Every one of her pictures just made me laugh. She reminds me a little of that actress from Best in Show (aka Stifler's mom). Her home decor line is pretty nice though, so I guess it is good that catalog showed up.

Owen still is fine, just trucking along. It frustrates Caroline to no end that she keeps saying field goal and he responds with football. Typical little brother!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sweet little naps...watch, she will remember those things when she gets older...I remember that once time I was sick for about a week and my mom was getting hoarse and tired of reading to me all the time so she made me a tape that I could listen to until I fell asleep....I loved it....I would follow along in the book and thought I could read :-) Point is that I still remember that sweet thing that my mom did to make me feel better when I was sick...Caroline will probably remember the naps together.

Rebecca said...

Poor Caroline - hope she is feeling better & able to go back to school soon! By the way, that actress was also in Legally Blond - she was Elle's manicure lady (the one who fell in love withthe UPS guy)! I saw a preview for a new movie the other day that she is in too - can't remember what it was though...