Started when I picked the kids up on Friday and Caroline's teachers told me I should probably watch her because three kids in her class have had strep lately and Caroline and another boy both said they did not feel good on Friday. She did not sleep too well that night and started to run a little fever. So, first thing Saturday morning Matt took Caroline (and Owen so I could run my nine) to the doctor in hopes it would be strep and we could get some antibiotics to knock it out. No luck. The test came back negative.
She seemed okay just a slight fever and lack of appetite so we went ahead and went to a wine tasting contest at one of our friends that night. We did not feel too bad leaving because we had an excellent babysitter whom Caroline and Owen both love (thanks, Molly!). It was a lot of fun and really well done. Did not really know how they were going to do the contest part, but it really worked out. Matt went 5 for 10 (I was 4 for 10) and made it to the taste off which he lost. He would have gotten six right and won if he had guessed ours right. Of course neither Matt or I looked at the actual grape on the bottle we brought just the brand to make sure it was decent. Lesson learned.
Then Sunday morning Caroline starting yelling for "mommmmmeeeeeeeeeee" at around 6am. Matt went up with her for about an hour and then got Owen up so I could sleep just a little longer. Later that morning noticed Caroline had red splotches all over her hands. Pushed up her sleeves and they were all over her arms. Checked her tummy and back, just a few on her stomach, and then completely covering her legs. It was awful. She said it did not itch so we decided to just leave them alone. Then we decorated Caroline's turkey feather for school (her first homework!) and decided Caroline and Owen should take early naps since Owen had a birthday party to go to at 3pm (Caroline's rash was the final straw in the decision that she was not going). Matt took Owen to the party and I went to wake Caroline (she has taken naps for 3 days in a row - another sure sign she is sick). She was burning up - 103. 1. Ugh. She still wanted to make cupcakes ( I promised we would since she did not get to go to the party). So, she sat and watched and counted eggs for me. Owen did have a great time at the party with his daddy.
Went to sleep hoping everything would be better and thanked Caroline for asking for one of us instead of just crying. She asked why daddy came when she yelled mommy. I promised if she called for me again I would come up. So, 2:50 this morning rolls around and I hear it "mommy please". I jump up (which surprised Matt since I usually sleep through the middle of the night stuff) and go up. Never make it back down. She wants me to sleep next to her. I did learn that she talks in her sleep, very clearly - "I don't want peas" seconds later "or carrots". She also rolls around a lot. I got whacked several times, but she slept good which is what counts.
Caroline got to go to the grocery with me while Owen went to school. Hoping she gets better soon and Owen stays healthy, but not counting on it.
Today's funny moment (so far) would be when I was down changing the kids laundry and Caroline was at the top of the stairs. Trying to keep her up there (Christmas is around the corner and in our basement) I asked her where her lovey was. She replied "why? what are you going to do to her?". Nice. I guess she has wised up to all my attempts to get lovey in the wash.
8 comments:
poor young lady! i hope she gets better soon ...
Sad that Caroline is sick but even sick she is cute as a button!! I love when kids wise up to the parent's tricks..it is so smart and cute!
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!!
oh and I like the new background!!
I like the background too. I gotta figure out how to do that.
Sorry she is under the weather....sounds like she is still being sweet! :)
Hold the phone - Melissa, you're going to be in Charlotte this weekend? Am I getting this right? Or is Meghan going up there? Dan will be here on Saturday if you want to meet him too ;)
Molly, Meghan will be in Atlanta on Sunday. It is my baby shower. I didn't have you on the invite list because I made the list when you lived in PA and figured there was no way you would be able to make it. If you would like to come, please do so, but don't feel obligated. I know that your man is just getting back to town so I definitely understand. We'd love to see you if you would like to make the trip to the ATL!
Oh, I wish i was going to be in Charlotte to meet the man!
Sorry about Caroline - sounds like it might have been kinda scary at times!
Post a Comment