Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yes, I have gas

It's true, I have gas and I owe it all to Matt. He decided (or maybe heard on the news which I do not watch during the day) that Ike may cause some shortages so he insisted on filling up both our cars the Friday night Ike was making landfall. Apparently most of the stations are out in Charlotte or else have extremely long lines. Living in my bubble I have noticed a lot of bags on the nozzles, but no really long lines. Down to a quarter tank, but Matt still has half so not too worried. According to news reports should be very large shipment tomorrow. Worse case will go first thing on Saturday morning or just drive Matt's car and he can ride his bike to work (his suggestion, not mine).

Anyways, had lots of fun this morning with Owen while Caroline was at school. She had a great time and I think he had fun going to the mall and having lunch. Looks like Halloween we will have a cowgirl and cow. Caroline said princess yesterday until I showed her the boots I got and today with the hat she is all excited to be a cowgirl.

Another evening without Matt. His plane is set to arrive around nine and then he will hopefully be home by 9:30. So now we have the big dilemma of Gray's or the Office. Probably Gray's then the Office and Sex and the City tomorrow night. Already seen it, but Matt wants to also so we got it this week from Netflix. Should be relaxing.

One question for my southern etiquette friends, ever heard of a sip and see for babies? Someone down the street had twins a few weeks ago and now is having a sip and see for the babies with "heavy appetizers and wine to meet, greet, feed and hold the babies". Just seems a little odd. Everyone is already bringing her dinner and meeting the babies. Is this suppose to be like a post birth shower or something? She already has an older daughter so I assume she has had a shower and a bunch of people at her office did something for her before the babies. Do not understand it and completely confused. Please help!

4 comments:

Mollypants said...

I have never heard of such a thing. I would think that it's sort of a bad idea - I mean really, a brand new baby, all clean and fresh...let's invite people over to put their germs all over them!

Rebecca said...

I have never heard of it called a "sip & see" but have heard of baby viewing parties, or something like that. I guess it's something people sometimes do for someone having their second (or 3rd, etc.) child, since you usually don't get a shower after the first one. But I have never actually been invited to one. I think with a new baby, yeah, I wouldn't want tons of people over all at the same time. One family visiting at a time is fine, but it does seem like an odd concept.

Carrie Davis said...

Oh, yes, the sip & see. I had never heard of it, but down in South Georgia they have one. My sister-in-law had one after her wedding. I know my MIL has been to one for a baby before...

Drena said...

Yes, I know people that have them with their wedding gifts and babies. A friend from high school just had one in Calhoun about a week ago that my mom went to. They called it a "meet Jack" party.