Just read Drena's 100 for 100 list and have to say I am glad I missed my 100th (this is my 108th!). I do love making lists and crossing things off, but do not think I would have had the time/energy/creative spark to come up with 100 things you do not know about me. So, instead I will just lament on lists. I usually have a few going at a time and am constantly evaluating and trying to decide what new list I need to make to have things run more smoothly. The standard running lists are to do, grocery and target. Those are always, followed closely by the items to get at mall (new tennis shoes for Caroline, pants for Owen, etc), returns, things to do with the kids, seasonal items to do, etc. Then there is my favorite list, my 101 in 1001 days (really mine is closer to 80 I think). I considered not taking the time to do it when everyone was, but it has really helped me focus on things. It is kind of my to do list for my life. Due to my obsessive need to cross things off my to do list the 101 things has really gotten me to do some things that I have really wanted to, but would not have. So, thanks to everyone who did it and put the pressure on me. At some point I will update the list and post so everyone can see my progress.
Did run five miles on Saturday. This is going to be a tough week though because Matt is traveling so cannot do the usual days with Ann and Rebecca and Whitney is out of town this weekend so I will have to run long by myself on Saturday. Also was dealt the bad blow that Matt may be going to Korea in a few weeks and will be gone M-F. Guess I will have to run during the day when the kids are at school that week. Yikes!
Working on the kids Halloween costumes. Caroline likes the idea of cowgirl and cow, but I have been trying to get her to change to princess/frog or flower/sun. She will probably get her way and then next year even Owen will have an opinion!
Did order Christmas cards last week. My favorite store was having their annual 20% off Christmas sale and I like to get that checked off for the season. They should be in and printed by the end of the week. Does not really matter, but like to know that my part is done - except getting and attaching the picture of the kids and addressing them.
Did I mention sometimes I will put something on a new version of a list that I have just completed so that I can cross it off. Did this today after getting my planner for next year. It had been on the list to get it, then to order it online when the store did not have it and then was walking by and thought I would double check - they had it! I was so excited to save the $5 on shipping had to go to lunch and make my list for the week including something already done!
2 comments:
Congrats on the 5 miles! Really, that's something that literally 99.9% of the population will never do - run 5 miles at a time.
I love the cowgirl/cow idea - I love halloween costumes. I was always kinda sad that we never really got to do them back in college because it was always Georgia-Florida. I swear, you're the most organized mom I know, with Christmas cards already ordered and costumes in the works ;)
Awesome job on run! I too will write something I have already done to cross it off. We're women....we don't have to make sense. Cowgirl sounds really cute.
I think if you had been in the car as much as I have lately you would have had no problem coming up with the 100! :)
Post a Comment