Sometimes I feel like all I do is clean. Not even really clean, but cleanup messes. All day. Sometimes the same things/areas several times a day. Take lunch today. After Caroline was done while I was doing dishes Caroline hopped up and asked me to open the door so she could wash her hands (bathroom doors remain shut because Owen still likes to play in toilets every chance he gets, but thank goodness does not know how to open doors). As I am opening the door I hear a slosh. Go back in the kitchen as Caroline asks me to squirt the soap on her hands and see Owen has pulled Caroline's placement over so that he could reach her milk and pour it all over himself, the table, both chairs (with boosters on them) and the ground. Squirt the soap for Caroline head down to the basement to get some rags to clean up the mess and start. Get everything cleaned up, put the kids down for quiet time, throw a load of laundry in, get out the towels in the dryer to fold, throw them on the couch, look over and realize that Beta threw up all over the floor (probably from all the spilled milk she drank). Cleaned that up (luckily there were some more rags on the sofa). Need to switch the laundry (which never ends) and still need to fold the rest of the towels. Ughhh....
Did run 3.5 today. Trying to up my mileage during the week so the weekends will not be so hard. We have done four the last two weekends and are upping it to five this weekend. A little nervous, but it is what I signed on for.
Owen was sick over the weekend and missed school on Monday. Sunday we realized he had a little temperature, but was acting pretty ok. Gave him some Motrin in the afternoon and every was normal the rest of the day. Went to check on him before bed and he was burning up - 103. Yuck. Held him while Matt got the Motrin and he was shaking. Felt awful for him. He woke up a few times, but only once did anyone have to go up and calm him down. Luckily I have an amazing husband who took care of that.
Staying busy this week. Looking forward to this weekend and Festival in the Park. It is at the park we normally walk to. They have been setting up for a few weeks and Caroline keeps asking about it.
Kids will be up soon. Need to get some stuff cleaned up - otherwise they will not have anything to mess up!
4 comments:
ugh! that's a lot of mess!
Ahhh, the life of a stay at home mom! Glamorous!
I can only imagine. I feel like all I do is clean and laundry... and it's just me and Chris... wait until I have kids too huh?
Glad Owen is feeling better!
I feel for you. The last 12 or so hours at my house seem very similar (and I at least get a break during the day). Zachary spilled his milk THREE TIMES at dinner last night! After the 3rd time, I just took his cup away and told him no more milk (we threatened to make him go back to sippy cups if he can't be more careful, which made him very upset - hopefully he will try harder from now on). Then this morning Liam threw up - like projectile threw up - all over the kitchen while in his high chair. It was nasty. So we had that to clean up too...it never ends. I hope you can catch a break soon!
Post a Comment