Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New fear





Snakes. I always knew I did not like them, but now after being trapped with one I am a little afraid. It happened this morning. I went down to the basement to change some laundry (which I had already been down once to put it in). Took the clothes out of the dryer and the wet stuff from washer to dryer. Turn around to go back up and on the second stair is a snake. Not a little green garden one, but with scales and markings on its back and probably at least 18 inches long. No idea how I did not notice it on the way down. Freak out a little, but thankfully Matt is still home and yell up to him. He opens the door and I yell "snake". He closes door. Wait. And wait. Try to be patience thinking he is trying to figure out how to get it out. After almost ten minutes finally yell "Matt" again. He opens door. This time quickly yell, "snake, please help!" He starts down the stairs. I yell "on the second stair". Hear him go back up the stairs and this time he quickly returns with a shoe box and one of the kids lacrosse sticks. Point out the shoe box has a hole on one side. He grabs a bucket. Get snake in bucket. Snake gets out. Get snake back into bucket and cover with cardboard. Matt releases snake out in back yard. Very scary, but he did save me. He really is my hero. Apparently he thought that I said stay as in don't leave for work yet. The second time he thought I said stay and wanted help with the laundry. So, now I am afraid to go into the basement. I had to earlier to put some of Owen's dirty clothes down there and get a coke, but could not spend enough time to actually switch any laundry. Matt had to do it when he got home. (like I said, he really is my hero!) Not sure how I am going to handle this.

Anyways, went to the park today with the kids for a picnic with some friends. They had a good time, even when Owen almost jumped in the water. Yuck. Oh, and we could not find the key to the garage so just took the single stroller and Caroline walked there. Carried Caroline home on the way, luckily Rebecca pushed Owen since both of hers were on bikes. Today I got a good run and an arm workout!

Best moment of the day - putting Caroline to bed and she keep saying "tomorrow is wacky Wednesday" and Matt does a funny face and noise with it which cracks her up to the point of barely getting out the "wacky wednesday" part. Suddenly realize she has my laugh! Neither got my eyes or too much else of me, but Caroline has the same laugh and ability to crack herself up to the point of not being able to talk. I love it!

Off to bunco!

3 comments:

Drena said...

OMG!! I would freak out. Sounds like it is time for you guys to move again. After all it has been over a year. :)

Mollypants said...

OH JEEZ. Indiana Jones is the only other person more scared of snakes than me. Tell your superhero husband that should I move to your area, he and his W&L fraternity brother may be enlisted to kill snakes if THAT'S what I have to deal with. I don't do snakes. EVER.

Mel said...

I was afraid of basements anyway...definitely don't want to go in one now...ugh...snakes are so gross..it is not natural to be able to move without wings or legs!